What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The role of Hygiene Manager is to lead the sanitation & pest control agendas across the Bournville site.
The successful candidate will support the manufacturing team to fully embed best hygienic practices across the site in compliance with Mondelez sanitation standards. The role will require cross functional relationships to be built with the Quality, Engineering & Manufacturing functions in order to successfully deliver the sanitation agenda.
The Hygiene Manager will have responsibility to review and approve the internal and contracted cleaning schedules/plans and pest control plans to ensure they are in line with Quality Policy requirements. They will be required to champion GMP compliance through engagement, audits, coaching and leadership.To support the site quality compliance plan to help drive a culture of everyday quality compliance and to engage with the wider Sanitation community within Mondelez in order to bring best practices into the plant.
- Maintain & develop the QP compliance standards with regards to sanitation & pest control.
- Drive the Sanitation Improvement plans for the site.
- Develop the pest control agenda by working closely with the 3rd party management team & site quality.
- Provide coaching & knowledge with regards to pest control, sanitation, allergen control & sanitary design.
- Share & implement best practice across the site.
- Support site sections and Quality in problem solving & troubleshooting.
- Contribute to Quality incident investigations (non conformance, complaints, audits etc). Facilitate root cause activities and support CAPA creation in sanitation related issues.
- Support the sanitary design & GMP elements of new & existing project developments.
- Support the programme of manufacturing GMP and Hygiene engagement.
- Lead the cleaning validation programme and approval across all cleaning disciplines.
- Lead the site Hygienic Monitoring Programme (non-PEM).
- Support the site to develop and approve changeover and cleaning control procedures.
- Apply sigma approach to GMP manufacturing site measurements, lab testing and failure investigations.
- Facilitate the on-going removal of GMP / Hygiene identified risks through risk assessment and business prioritisation.
- Highlight immediately any key compliance issues that threaten Mondelez / Regulatory compliance when issue could have short term impact on other KPIs.
- Support investigation and remedial actions in event of error reaching the market
- Support the plans to remove risks that could/would lead to consumer harm or dissatisfaction, regulatory non-compliance and/or damage to the Mondelez brand.
- Manage and support the maintenance of GMP compliance to regulatory requirements supporting the sites individual compliance plans.
- Complete risk assessments where appropriate for existing processes.
- Provide the expertise to establish the strategy for GMP / Hygiene training in line with Mondelez policies.
- Support the site manufacturing teams and Quality Manager in preparation of external regulatory audits / Global QP audits received by the factories.
- Support the Quality Internal audit programmes across the site.
- Lead the Bournville GMP internal audit programme. Drive alignment in to close out GMP audit findings.
- Present evidence that will support longer term gain when short-term pressures may increase risk of non-compliance and loss. Influencing senior management decisions.
- Present evidence that helps support capital investment from a compliance and operational improvement perspective
- Generation of performance indicators identifying outstanding risks to supply management.
- Manage the non-section elements of the sanitation and pest control budgets.
- Manage & develop the Bournville Sanitation Coordinator.
- Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees are encouraged to speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program.
- Science/Food Science/Engineering degree
- Practical application of cleaning practices
- Confident influencer.
- High level of energy and drive for results.
- Systematic and structured
- Drives high standards and expectations
- A completer finisher
- Tenacity and resilience
- Ability to engage others and drive change
- Background in Quality and Hygiene
- Microbiological lab knowledge
- Understands and skilled in the practical application of cleaning practices.
- Broad understanding of food or appropriate FMCG manufacturing operations business and quality management systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the GMP and sanitation rules within a GMP high sensitivity manufacturing environment.
- English Language
- Quality Auditing, risk assessment and rationale writing experience, HACCP knowledge
- Hygienic design knowledge.
- Additional European language
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Location: Bournville, Birmingham
Salary and Benefits: Competitive
Closing date: 05/06/07