Job DescriptionMondelēz International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
The Sourcing Specialist works in cooperation with the Regional Spend Area teams to support the development and execution of sourcing practices for selected Spend Areas. The key activities include interaction with cross functional stakeholders to manage spend and market analytics, generating insights from bid events, preparing supplier negotiation materials, supporting project execution and supplier relationship management, and driving controls and compliance. Sourcing Specialists act as a point of interaction between the global or Regional Spend Area teams and the local Operations team.
Position Accountability Summary:
Assist Spend Area Manager with strategic planning and the execution of sourcing practices
- Define requirements and templates for analytics and market intelligence support from the Sourcing Analyst Pool.
- Support the continous improvement and standardization of the strategic sourcing processes.
- Analyze spend baseline, Spend Area profile, and market insights to support development of Spend Area and supplier strategies.
- Support the development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies in alignment with the Spend Area Manager and ensure proper documentation thereof.
- Coordinate with off-shore Sourcing Analyst Pool to provide support on sourcing events (e.g. bid event preparation, supplier communication package, negotiation decks).
- Perform supplier analysis including supplier screening, financials and capability assessments to support supplier selection process.
Execute end-to-end sourcing projects for less complex Spend Areas in alignment with the Spend Area Manager
- Manage the Procurement strategy implementation or sourcing execution for less complex Spend Areas.
- Perform supplier selection and fact-based negotiations, validated by the Spend Area Manager.
- Provide support to regions and countries on a case-by-case basis to offset local or regional skills gaps (bring specific Spend Area or technical knowledge to key stakeholder meetings and negotiations).
- Develop Spend Area specific toolkits (i.e. excellence toolkits) and train Regional Spend Area Managers in adequate execution thereof.
- Build up knowledge repository and encourage active enhancement by Regional Spend Area Managers based on local experience.
Assist and drive stakeholder alignment
- Support the Spend Area Manager in the identification of the stakeholders in the initiation of the strategy development and sourcing execution projects.
- Actively engage with stakeholders as defined in alignment with the Spend Area Manager throughout the strategy development and sourcing execution process.
- Ensure that the input from the stakeholder is considered in the process.
- Prepare the stage gate documentation.
Coordinate operational interfacing and interactions
- Interface between the global Procurement organization and the product development, planning and supply teams in the regions or countries in alignment with the global Spend Area Manager and the Regional Spend Area Manager.
- Provide insights on Procurement analytics and data to support the new product development cycle.
- Escalate issues to the Spend Area Manager or Spend Area Director.
Assist in supplier relationship
- Drive supplier performance by lifting and shifting best practices from one region to another region.
- Coordinate with Regional Procurement Center (RPC) and other Regional stakeholders to obtain feedback on supplier performance related to service, quality and delivery to help build insights for supplier relationship management (SRM) program.
- Monitor, control and report KPI’s for the assigned Spend Area.
Support margin agenda and days payable outstanding for the global sub spend areas
- Active support and contribution to margin management and cash flow meetings.
- Productivity and Payment Terms recording and tracking.
- Support proactive organization sessions with internal customers to identify further Total Cost of Ownership reduction opportunities for Spend Areas.
Dimensions Summarize in broad terms all pertinent statistics related to the position which gives a clear picture of the size of the operation the position manages, influences or supports, and the magnitude (monetary measures, numbers of staff, etc.).
Describe the area of the company that the position supports or is accountable for (eg. which regions, countries, categories, product groups, etc) - Paper tower team, located in India.Responsible for India Carton and Corrugate.
For Procurement it can be Total Spend or Cost Savings Taget (in USD) for area of responsibility (include the name of the business unit for the revenue figure given as well as the business cycle, like: ‘actual 2014’) - Approximately $21.5MM USD
Number of Direct Reports - 0
Number of Indirect Reports -0
Do you have what it takes?
Education, Experience & Specialized Knowledge
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
Appropriate University Bachelor’s Degree - Required
Recognized qualification in Procurement - Preferred
Analytical and Problem Solving - Required
Project Management and Communication - Required
Relationship Management - Required
Systems, Tools and Processes - Required
Minimum 3-year of experience in Procurement or Supply Chain - Required
Experience in Consumer Packaged Good Company - Preferred
Fluent spoken / written English - Required
Other Languages - Preferred
For more information, please visit:
http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational