Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
This position is responsible for the operation of the oiler-sander machine which coats candy in oil and sugar as part of the candy finishing process.
• Regularly installs sub-components required for operation (such as conveyer belts) as part of machine set up
• Inspects candy and makes adjustments to oil, sugar content, steam and related mechanical components (oil nozzles, etc.)
• Removes undesirable components from candy such as lumpy sugar, burnt starch, deformed candy etc.
• Transfers empty trays over to conveyer belt and scale. Weigh the tray with the depositing candy. Once tray has reached the required weight, carry full trays to stack on pallets.
• Cleans all machine sub-components such as filters, iso-flo, etc.
• Starts/stops and controls components of machine such as the steamer, drum, vibrator, feeder belt etc.
• Maintains regular communication with mogul operator
• Assists with major line cleaning
• Monitors touch-pad control box
• Regularly inspect and check quality of metal detection belts
• Responsible to continuously clean the area surrounding the work station
• Knowledge and understanding of SOP’s and work instructions
• Understand, participate and support all safety programs, policies and initiatives within the manufacturing location
• Responsible for ensuring all products produced meets all GMP and food safety requirements
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Work normally requires a high level of physical effort in:
o Lifting from the floor to waist, floor to chest, and waist to shoulder
o Standing for long periods of time
o Manual dexterity
o Reaching forward below the waist and above the shoulder
• Experience with using production line type machinery or food processing machinery would be an asset.
• GMP/Food Safety and HACCP training
• Lockout training
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to follow directions, pre-set sequences, and steps
• Specified knowledge regarding the adjustment of oil and sugar
• High School Diploma
• Attention to detail
• Good command of written and oral communication in English
• Effective teamwork and good interpersonal skills
• This position occurs in a food manufacturing plant environment
• Exposure to noise, raw materials, some dust (sugar) and variable temperatures is common
• The use of personal protective equipment is required, particularly protective footwear and hearing protection
• The use of company mandated uniform is required (long sleeve shirts/pants, hairnets, gloves, etc.)
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.