Reporting to the Internal Controls Lead, the Manager Internal Controls is primary responsible in overseeing the company’s control environment and managing corporate risk to ensure assets and income streams are appropriately protected.
This position is responsible to support execution of the plan developed by the global Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE), as it relates to the following:
- Control Self-Assessment (CSA)
- Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM)
- Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC)
This position is responsible in reviewing existing financial and internal business controls procedures, recommending control improvements.
This role is also required to support fraud and special investigation reviews, including potential non-compliance/breaches from the lens of C1 to C21 Compliance Policies.
The position is also required to train the Mondelez ‘Process owners’ and ‘Control owners’ on concepts related to risks, controls and specific Mondelez operating processes like Source to Pay (STP), Plan to Cash (PTC), Manufacturing to Inventory (MTI), etc.
It is important for this position to establish effective business relationship within the company and other stakeholders, including external auditors and the global IC COE team, and assist management in the understanding of corporate control and risk and the adaptation of internal control principles and risk mitigation plans.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide advisory support to the Mondelez business owners in timely and adequate completion of the CSAs rolled out by the global IC COE.
- Perform Quality Assurance program on the CSAs completed by Mondelez business owners in accordance with the guidelines provided by the IC COE
- Lead SOX reviews including updating control documentation in GRC database and providing oversight to the IC COE team for remote testing
- Provide support in timely review and resolution of Segregation of Duties (SOD) violation, recommend and agreed with respective manager in regard to mitigating control that may be required.
- Assist in timely resolution of the open CCM queries with the relevant control owners
- Participate in training the MDLZ business owners on concepts related to risks, controls and specific MDLZ processes
- Oversee the internal control environment which may include review of existing financial and internal business controls procedures, compliance policy and recommending internal control improvements as well as documenting and/or updating control database
- Actively participate in new policies, procedures and business process, and system implementation ensuring that proper controls are embedded
- Support fraud and special investigation reviews including:
- Providing guidance to management on the global fraud and non-compliance reporting process
- Reviewing of key documentation and data analyses
- Interviewing with key stakeholders (including preparing interview scripts)
- Regular status updates to Region and Global Compliance and Special Investigations team
- Providing recommendations of key controls and improvement opportunities, and ensuring these controls are embedded within the revised processes
- Prepare status reports and present to the Assurance and Risk Committee, as applicable, (chaired by the Managing Director and represented by the relevant BOMs) on key findings from audit and fraud/special investigation reviews and tracking of management action plans on a periodic basis
- Advisory role on projects to ensure key risks and controls are addressed and adhered to and directing the Project team to reach commercially viable decisions that captures controls and ensures effectiveness and efficiencies