Mondelez International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Productivity & Design AMEA, the Packaging Technologist II (Packaging, Productivity AMEA) is to deliver cost savings (productivity) to the business through the optimization of Packaging materials & resources.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Identification of Productivity Initiatives
- Execution of Productivity Initiatives
- Generation of Productivity Pipeline
- Delivery of the annual productivity targets for AMEA packaging
- Lead / co-ordinate packaging material trials
- Lead / co-ordinate packaging equipment trials
- Complete leadership of packaging productivity projects from concept to execution
- Recommending new packaging materials
- Engaging with packaging material suppliers
- Optimizing the use of packaging
- Effective project management
- Regular feedback and updates on project progress
- Specification management
- Harmonization / simplification of packaging formats
- Product volume growth through packaging innovation
- Maintain product / packaging quality whilst leveraging the most cost effective packaging materials
- Identification of new productivity initiatives
- Participation in the development of new packaging formats
- Feasibility studies
- Effective communication with other business groups (procurement, sales & marketing, operations, supply chain, business development)
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum of BS, in packaging, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or materials science.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in R&D packaging or relevant experience.
- Expert in one or more packaging capability areas (e.g. materials, innovation, engineering, design).
- Minimum 5 years FMCG knowledge, preferably in a global environment.