Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Maintenance Electrician Millwright
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Millwright Electrician is responsible for the day to day servicing, repair and maintenance of the facility and operations’ production and processing related equipment.
Continuous process improvement for the Scarborough bakery is critical or long-term viability; hence implementing and working with improvement tools such as OEE, work requests, preventive
and predictive maintenance programs is required.
Must take direction from Team Lead, Department Manager, or Plant Manager regarding any reasonable requirement not specified in the above description for the purpose of achieving manufacturing goals, quality standards and safety requirements.
• Perform routine maintenance on processing and packaging equipment.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and conduct preventative maintenance
• Work with conveyors, automated and robotics systems, processing equipment (i.e. mixers, bulk handling system, flow wrappers, tray loaders and cartoners), high speed packaging equipment.
• Lift weights of 23 kg (50 lbs).
• Repair or replace defective mechanical and electrical machinery parts.
• Fabricate parts when required/requested.
• Program PLCs and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Coach Machine Operators on troubleshooting techniques.
• Other related tasks as required or assigned by Production Coach or Maintenance Manager.
• Comply with Company policies and procedures and with local legislation.
• Reduce equipment downtime, and to increase infrastructure, equipment up-time, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and Global Efficiency (GE).
• Ensure that an effective preventative maintenance to increase equipment uptime.
• Assist associates in resolving problems as necessary; Determining possible root cause, corrective actions and/or preventive measures.
• Assist Engineering resources in equipment layouts for optimum performance, considering health and safety, ergonomics.
• Develop and implement new department specific policies and procedures to aid in driving the Maintenance team and department forward.
• Develop, implement and supervise progress toward meeting department goals.
• Constant observation of the line and early identification of deviation from normal conditions as well as its reasons in order to avoid damages and losses (refers to i.e. machines, equipment, raw material, energy).
• Maintenance of the line (i.e. cleaning, lubrication) and maintenance of the equipment in the context of production activities (Understands the inner-working of the machine and all the settings and how they affect the final package and identify and troubleshoot issues and communicate issues accurately to the Maintenance team for prompt repair or preventing a breakdown).
• Early information of supervisors and colleagues about defects, improvements, changes of a machine and raw material.
• Identification of opportunities for improvements and independent realization or assignment.
• Apply all relevant safety measures in line with IL6S goals. Apply problem solving methods, social and functional skills according to the skill matrix in the context of introduction and consolidation of IL6S.
• Respect GMP guidelines (i.e. quality requirements, SSE guidelines, and environmental consciousness). Maintain personal hygiene; clean uniforms, hair and beard nets are mandatory for GMP.
• Report any unsafe, unclean areas or any problems that could cause substandard quality of production.
• Ability to read the shift list and weekly production schedule
• Promote good housekeeping and manufacturing practices (setting an example for other employees within the plant) and ensure personnel on the line /area practice good housekeeping, keep their work areas clean and follows 5S practices.
• Expedite all emergency work orders pertaining to plant and processing/packaging related equipment.
• Give assistance in correcting unsafe practices, investigating accidents and taking corrective actions.
• Ensure that equipment constructed and installed meets with acceptable mechanical, electrical and environmental standards and meets safety standards as outlined by the department of labor.
• Support of LOTO, PPE, ER, WHMIS and other site programs/initiatives/policies/procedures.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and local legislation.
• Understand, promote and apply Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policies and practices throughout the facility to prevent injury, illness and property damage.
• Understand relevant HSE risks associated with the facility and corresponding control measures.
• Communicate and take action on imminent danger situations, hazards, non-conformities and incident reporting.
• Adhere to relevant HSE programs.
• Participate in HSE programs and controls such as: Behavior Based Safety Programs, Defect Management, and Incident Management.
• Maintain personal hygiene; Clean uniforms, hair and beard nets are mandatory for GMP.
• Ability to follow basic safety measures; including wearing proper PPE.
• Demonstrates attention to safety and GMPs.
• Demonstrates LOTO protocol.
• Work in a safe and competent manner, following rules and procedures as required and as outlined in our Health & safety guidelines.
• Report any unsafe condition to your Team Captain or Supervisor.
• Follow plant food safety and GMP compliance: Plant HACCP program, Allergen Management.
• Use proper tools (including chemical & lubrication) that meet company food safety standard.
• Maintain a clean and hazardous free work area while supporting and promoting company GMP’s, Safety, and Mondelēz policies.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and local legislation.
• Report all quality and food safety related issues immediately to the Team Captain or Manager for corrections and corrective actions.
• Demonstrated awareness and commitment to quality.
• Understand allergens and kosher status.
• Own Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) culture by learning its Concepts, Purpose, and Work Processes
• Apply problem solving methods, social and functional skills according to the skill matrix in the context of introduction and consolidation of IL6S.
• Identify Kaizens/One Point Lessons (OPL)/Sources of Contamination (SOC)/KAI/KPIs/other.
• Work with and support new product initiatives to meet launch dates.
• Work with and support line/equipment improvements to meet ergonomics, productivity, health and safety initiatives.
• Previous electrical experience in food: manufacturing plant is desired.
• Must be able to work on all shifts; the weekly hours of work will be on an alternate work: schedule which may include 12 hour shifts and regular scheduled work on weekend or alternate shifts.
• Ability to fast paced moving, bending and lifting as needed.
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Required - Industrial Electrician License (e.g. Red Seal 442A)
• Preferred - Industrial Mechanic Trade Certificate/License (e.g.433A)
• Preferred – Packaged Food /Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
• Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
• Promote and display good employee relations throughout the plant; is a cooperative and dedicated worker.
• Promote and display good work ethic; demonstrates pride in workmanship.
• Promote and display good attendance and reliability; does not abuse breaks and uses downtime wisely.
• Promote and display a positive attitude; Talks positively about Kraft and fellow employees
• Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve equipment/electrical issues.
• Able to accurately complete paperwork.
• Is capable of lifting rolls of film (at least 15kg) and paper rolls and cases of cartons.
• Pays attention and is aware of the machine’s operation and its effect on the package.
• Understands the inner-working of the machine and all the settings and how they affect the final package.
• Must be able to identify and troubleshoot issues and communicate instructions accurately to the production operators.
• Comfortably use digital controllers.
• Comfortable testing seals and other points to ensure package integrity (by hand and using equip.).
• Good English reading and writing skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English: on the line and in production areas.
• Is adaptable and can learn new tasks
• Puts aside their personal agenda, in order to collaborate with team to attain common objectives;
• Actively and attentively listens, supports others, and positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
• Is sensitive to other’s needs and detects when it is necessary to help others.
• Understands and respects different points of view.
• Uses proper lifting techniques.
• Knowledgeable of ergo stretches that help relieve muscles used on the job.
• Able to communicate well with Team Captains, other team members and Management.
• Must be able to follow directions well.
• Be familiar with Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Concepts, CBN, tools, systems and work processes.
• Attend DMS Meetings.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.