Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
Mondelēz International is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious
moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000
people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods
While Mondelēz International is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our
products are marketed. As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International has leading shares in every
category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits,
Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum.
Mondelēz International portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury
and Milka chocolate, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelēz International has annual revenue of
approximately $35 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational
The Production Front Line Leader reports into the Integrated Business Unit Leader. This position is responsible for the
day-to-day manufacturing operations in an assigned department, plus looking for longer-term continuous improvement
opportunities. The incumbent will have responsibility to achieve safety, productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost,
quality, sanitation and OEE/GE objectives through both individual and team contributions. They will provide direction,
leadership & development to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous
improvement initiatives. This position can manage up to 30 employees and will need to be available to work first, second,
third and overtime shifts as needed by the business.
· Direct activities of hourly associates in assigned areas to ensure department production goals are met
· Ensure line operations meet established standards, specifications, efficiency and quality requirements to affect
favorable production results
· Communicate and collaborate with other production front line leaders and cross-functional teams on a regular basis
concerning production goals and all operation activity
· Foster team building & collaboration across functional areas at all levels
· Responsible for coaching, counseling and training hourly associates to foster a high performance work team
· Maintain employee relations activities including safety, labor relations and grievance response and/or avoidance
· Ensure compliance with all company policies, safety guidelines and state and federal regulations
· Partner with the master labor planner to understand and optimize staffing needs
· Seeks and understand financials about the business and the various trade-offs to control costs end-to-end
· Fosters a high performance work systems by learning and teaching Lean concepts, TPM, Six Sigma and/or
Integrated Lean and 6S
· Manages SAP/LIS on a daily basis for packing employees to ensure each record is accurate for payroll to effectively
· Strong in labor relations and fluently understands contract labor rules to work well with shop stewards and union
· Responsible for hiring and training hour associates
· Challenges the status quo
- Lead with the head and heart
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Influencing and dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
- Planning & Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Financial & Analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and Food Science preferred.
- Military and Logistics experience is welcome.
- SAP experience and user knowledge required
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Team management and supervisory experience required. Union labor management is a plus
- Must be ready to work in the 2nd or 3rd shift, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience in Lean, 6S, TPM and/or E2E IL6S a huge plus
- Prior/Current shift experience is required
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.