With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Function and Scope:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Systems Manager is responsible for providing plantwide leadership in the implementation and maintenance of quality systems. The Quality Systems Manager oversees and continuously improves the plant’s quality programs. This position ensures compliance of the product with Mondelez and Regulatory requirements. The Quality Systems Manager establishes and supports the training for the entire plant regarding quality systems and food safety. The Quality Systems Manager ensures thatdepartment employees follow all Naperville Bakery, local, state, and federal health and safety rules and regulations including FDA, EPA, and OSHA. Responsible for the health and safety of all department employees.
Essential Functions / Estimated Percentage of Time Spent:
- To direct the activities of the Quality Department to ensure that raw materials, packaging materials, in process products and finished products conform to all specifications. 10%
- Provides leadership and technical assistance to operations by aggressively managing food
- safety and compliance systems, instilling regulatory awareness and commitment. 15%
- Assists in the development of new quality/regulatory systems and personnel and also serves as a resource for plant quality and manufacturing functions. 5%
- To establish ongoing continuous improvement activities which will deliver reductions in consumer complaints and ongoing process control improvements. 5%
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the plants Quality systems to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal, and local laws. 5%
- Supports the development of Quality Improvement Plans and directs employee involvement for production/quality issues through to resolution. 10%
- Assists in the identification and achievement of facility Quality KPIs through appropriate corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement initiatives. 10%
- Leads all internal and external auditing activities and follow-up. Assures the plant maintains compliance to external standards such as Cook and Thurber, ISO 9001, and FSSC 22000. 10%
- Ensures the required quality/regulatory training is maintained. 10%
- Provide quality support for plant projects and initiatives in the manufacturing
- environment. 10%
- Ensures that products are produced to specification to meet safety, quality, and regulatory
- requirements via system implementation, training, and auditing. 10%
- Participates actively on functional Quality Teams and Product Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Acts as the primary plant Quality Resource.
- Supports the commercialization process and provides technical expertise for the Quality perspective.
Minimum Qualifications and Requisite Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Quality
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Production/Manufacturing/Safety/Quality/Sanitation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a leader in a High Team Environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and managing a diverse work force
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly managing food quality, sanitation, receiving and delivery processes
- Sound understanding of quality, sanitation, and warehouse environments.
- Understanding of employee relations within the business unit.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven communication and leadership skills that support a workforce in a team environment.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.