What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to lead the development and implementation of Capital Projects and provide technical & engineering support on the Bournville site (and across the UK chocolate network).
Purpose of Role
- To carry out investigation, design, contractor management and engineering project management (including cost and programme management)
- To ensure compliance with safety, quality and environmental requirements during project development, project execution and commissioning, and following hand over to production.
- To act as project leader and manage other department members or contract staff (e.g. process / mechanical / draftsman) as part of the project team, and work closely with Business Development Managers to ensure that engineering solutions support business requirements and fit with the long term site development plan.
This will require a broad range of specialist project management and engineering skills. The role holder will directly manage a number of projects and be responsible for projects that could have multi-million pound value.
- Designs for new factory building and infrastructure upgrade projects are developed, working closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Commercial where required.
- Detailed engineering design and specifications and developed for authorised Capital projects to meet requirements of safety, quality, hygiene and legislatitive compliance at lowest cost.
- Systems are reverse engineered where information does not exist.
- Existing practices, methods and technology are challenged and opportunities to improve factory productivity, safety and quality are proactively sought.
- Assistance with the development of the factory forward investment strategy, identifying and driving a number of capital projects, to help deliver the factories forward plan is given.
- Technical & engineering input and support is provided to drive the site’s commercial and operational performance objectives.
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of Building services, Air conditioning, Refrigeration, Fire and flood prevention, building management and utilities is developed, and external supplier developments are kept up to date with.
- Tender packages are prepared and reviewed, tender returns are evaluated, peer reviews conducted, and commercial terms are negotiated.
- Contractors and others carrying out work on site are supervised and managed.
- Plant is in stalled and commissioned to achieve specified quality and output targets to support the Bournville Manufacturing base.
- Solutions to problems are recommended so that they can be designed out to reduce operating costs, improve relaibility, and improve environmental and safety performance.
- The implementation of the multiple capital projects is managed, both for the Bournville site and, other Mondelez manufacturing sites within UK Chocolate, to time, cost & quality, in line with IIM processes using both internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Project costs are managed using ERP tools (SAP and Coupa) and capital spend is managed and forecast.
- Coaching, development & support is provided to other members of the BD&E team, factory based technical personnel (and to the wider Mondelez organisation if required / appropriate).
- Support and expertise in the application of GMP and Sanitary design standards across the sites is provided, developing and sharing best practices across the MEU network.
- Background in Project Management - ideally within food, FMCG or other relevant industry
- Engineering (or other relevant) degree or equivalent experience
- A broad appreciation of infrastructure and building services in a relevant industry
- Experience of managing capital projects and working within project teams
- Software experience: Microsoft Office + AutoCAD, Project management software and ERP systems.
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to plan and manage workload
- Ability to develop and work towards long term site strategies
- Ability to influence and advise others based on sound technical insights
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.