In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Functional Ingredients laboratory performs a wide range of analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist I - Chromatography has arisen which will be responsible for providing technical direction and leading a team within the Functional Ingredients laboratory. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed, supervised and reported effectively and accurately.
This role focuses on routine analyses of products and method validations using techniques such as HPLC, Dionex, Hunter Lab and Autotitrators. This role has the responsibility to manage a team of junior members and will require client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
- Deliver internal presentations across groups and to technical stakeholders
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
Leadership and supervision
- Plan own workload and assist with the plan of routine projects for junior staff
- Train junior members of the team as required.
- Manage a small team of junior staff within the Functional Ingredients Team
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner, including review and approval of UKAS quality actions
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client and UKAS audits
- Represent the team in quality meetings and be proficient on Q-Pulse, manage assets and calibrations/qualifications and assist with checks for calibration of equipment and audits.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.