Mondelez India Foods Ltd is a leading global confectionery & snacks company. It began its operations in 1948 by importing chocolates. After 60+ years of existence, it today has six company-owned manufacturing facilities at Thane, Induri (Pune) and Malanpur (Gwalior), Bangalore, Baddi (Himachal Pradesh) , Hyderabad and 4 sales offices (New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai). The corporate office is in Mumbai. (New facility at Sri City, AP?)
We operate in five categories in India – Chocolate, Confectionery, Beverages, Biscuits, Gum and Candy and market 11 Power Brands which include Bournvita, Dairy Milk, Halls, Gems, 5Star, Choclairs, Perk, Celebrations, Bournville, Tang & Oreo. Mondelez India Foods Ltd dominates the chocolate market in India with approximately 70% share of the market.
The Senior Internal Auditor perform, evaluate risks, controls and governance processes. Further, Provide the board of directors, audit committee, and MDLZ senior management reasonable assurance that the financial data used to make business decisions and to communicate to the public is true and accurate. We also identify business improvement opportunities (i.e. efficiency and effectiveness of operations) to make our business better. We accomplish our mission by recruiting and developing talent for the entire corporation, providing high-quality services to support the department’s vision.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct business process reviews so as to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over the business cycles;
- Conduct business process reviews to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
- Conduct reviews to assess the accuracy of the financial statements;
- Conduct reviews to evaluate IT applications and the adequacy/efficiency of accounting, financial and operating procedures established for IT control purposes;
- Determine compliance with established Finance and/or IT policies and Sarbanes Oxley legislation;
- Prepare reports based upon audit results, audit documentation, and client responses;
- Effectively communicate audit observations via update meetings and closing conferences with management personnel.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing by adopting appropriate communication style to individuals at all levels of the organization and remaining open to disagreement or new ideas.
- Articulate understanding of business areas under review, and demonstrates thorough test work and solid rationale for potential audit issues.
- Update Audit Manager and Region Audit Director as needed on audit progress and potential issues in a timely manner.
- Develop an open and honest working relationship with those being audited and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Share best practices, tools and testing methodologies with other team members, and contribute to departmental projects.
- Will be managing an audit team, and will be the key point of contact with those being audited.
- Displays leadership and project management skills to complete quality work on time with budgeted resources.
Do you have what it takes?
- General knowledge of risk/control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) required;
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred;
- US GAAP/IFRS experience preferred;
- SAP knowledge preferred;
- Goal-oriented and outgoing with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to think and work analytically;
- Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with all levels of management;
- Willingness to travel (75%);
- Must fluently speak English