Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
Research, Development & Quality
In Research, Development, Quality and Innovation (RDQI), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers, innovators and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RDQI is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Position Purpose Statement
Provide Consumer Science related support to Mondelēz global legal entities, per service agreements. This includes the global biscuit category as well as the categories within the Global and North America Business Unit but may also include support to other regions as organization priorities dictate. The role contributes to the planning and implementation of assigned research programs/projects that lead to actionable business results.
The role requires the incumbent to work under a high degree of autonomy to plan and conduct independent projects as a fully engaged cross-functional partner interacting with senior leaders as required to align and deliver on research objectives. The successful candidate sets project objectives and strategies independently in response to business needs, and integrates input from other functional areas to drive towards solutions.
This person is able to solve complex problems and get things done through both formal and informal channels. He/She significantly impacts the direction and quality of work done by other technical people and delivers expert technical knowledge representing the function. The Group Leader, Consumer Science interacts regularly with key stakeholders and may direct activities of junior professionals and/or temporary staff while completing assignments.
The Group Leader interacts not only with internal stakeholders like Consumer Science, R&D, Mondelez Senior Leaders but also with professionals outside the company at professional meetings.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Lead and conduct single or multi stage large programs/projects, delivering to the required standards and agreed timescales, including designing research to meet objectives, to produce good quality, actionable data, interpreting results, reporting/presenting findings, making recommendations and contributing to decision making.
- Lead category appraisal and Department Of Education studies including the statistical principles applied as part of the overall research plan.
- Understands and applies multivariate statistical methods to gain deeper understanding and insights from research conducted when appropriate.
- Leads all aspects of consumer research both qualitative and quantitative including the integration/linking of descriptive and consumer data into a cohesive story.
- Leads the execution of Consumer Aided Design (CAD) work including leading the design of the research program and all executional elements including Knowledge Mapping, Value Diagramming, Product Labs and subsequent analysis and reporting of results.
- Effectively partner with stakeholders (R&D and Commercial / Insights) ensuring that the work is in line with the strategic priorities of the business.
- Assumes leadership role on cross-functional teams and interfaces with all levels of the organization.
- Work with the Consumer Science management team to prioritise workload.
- Seeks improvement on existing methods in line with good scientific principles.
- To provide support to the Consumer Science management team by role modelling leadership behaviours and deputising for line manager as required.
- Look for opportunities to provide informal coaching and to share experience with more junior colleagues.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve all aspects of the department, including functional methodologies, practical solutions and facilities and presenting these ideas in an appropriate way to the Consumer Science management team.
- Contribute to CS Team goals by participating on teams where new methodologies and capability are evaluated, proposed and implemented.
- Ensure an efficient and safe running of the sensory laboratory, including maintenance of the quality system, ensuring that procedures are followed properly and highest standards of work and environment, health and safety are maintained.
- Ensure two-way communication between yourself and other team members.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree required in a science related field. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statistical theory and its application to sensory/consumer research(Required)
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience required
Skills/Leadership Competencies (required)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
- Personal leadership qualities
- Adherence to time scales
- Ability to learn on the job
- Organising and prioritising duties
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstration of proactivity
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Champion ideas and positions, even if alone.
- Skilled at negotiation and influence
- Ability to articulate issues/opportunities in an appropriate way
- Communications are tailored to audience and recommendations and are recognized as delivering against business goals
- Ability to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Demonstrable competence in primary software applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations etc.)
- Proven track record of assuming leadership on cross functional teams and interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Mastery in Discrimination, Descriptive Analysis and Consumer tools and techniques
- Experience with Consumer Aided Design Techniques
- Practical experience of application of statistical analysis
- Linking consumer and sensory data into a compelling story
- Proven track record in effective partnering with clients and/or stakeholders
- Interest in food
- Experience with a category appraisal studies
- Must have excellent English written and communication skills
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.