With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
In Information Systems, you’ll connect and empower every aspect of our global organization through excellence in technology and services. This includes investing in growth-enabling solutions as well as systems that integrate our supply chain from procurement to manufacturing, and customer service to logistics. You’ll help Mondelēz International implement the right business capabilities, powered by better information.
Purpose of Role
The Enterprise Architect works with business and IT stakeholders to define a future-state vision in terms of requirements, principles and models. The EA also works to effectively position the organization to deliver its future-state vision, by coordinating the analysis of required changes in business functions and processes, information and technology capabilities, and solutions. The EA
aligns IT investments with business strategies, while reducing risk and delivering higher-quality and adaptive solutions.
- This person will be a key leader responsible for setting the vision for Mondelez’ Global Data Market Place and enterprise information consumption.Serves as an expert in providing a vision of how to transform data assets into the information needed to support enterprise decision making, and the ability to realize that vision.
- Information Strategy & Information Architecture (30%)
- Responsible for the development and globalization of integrated long-term information Solutions and Portfolio Roadmaps to ensure minimization of redundant solutions and enablement of global Mondelez strategy
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of global Information architecture approaches, including logical data models, data governance structures, and master data domains.
- Analyzes enterprise business strategies and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the business and information architecture
- Takes an active role in the global Enterprise Architecture Leadership Team to work with other functional architects to ensure integration of information standards and guidelines
- Defines the Enterprise Information Architecture and strategy along the BI maturity levels across all region and data types. This covers Data Management and Information Lifecycle Management of the complete BI solution, the Big Data Environment and all analytical platforms.
- Define the Enterprise Information Management framework, strategy, processes and tools to evolve over time to manage structured and unstructured information as an asset.
- Define common standards & guidelines over all information solutions on functional modelling, data flow process & data integrity.
- Ensure information assets are easily and consistently consumable globally, but at the same time enable the regionalization of assets for specialized requirements
- Define and drive the realization of best in class enterprise information assets and analytic capabilities throughout the enterprise
- System Strategy & System Architecture (30%)
- Defines the overall backend, frontend and systems strategy which includes BI SAP-Backend and Frontend reporting tools, Big Data Ecosystem, all needed analytical platforms and related ETL landscapes.
- Defines standard guidelines for all BI solutions ensuring consistent BI structure and layer concept to drive high reusability and enable a factory driven development approach.
- Responsible for observing emerging trends and technology related to information creation and will be responsible for promoting and carrying out pilots of such technologies.
- Promote the usage of the existing and new Information provisioning environments
- Investigate and be hands on integrating new technologies to improve business processes and decision-making leveraging information
- Implementation/ Commercialization, Governance and Project Support (30%)
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of a process and repository for the documentation and storage of information architecture artefacts, including conceptual and logical architectures.
- Supports the development of business and information architecture governance structures and compliance activities, ensuring that Information Architecture is recognized as a game changer by appropriately balancing “what is right” with “what is realistic” through practical project governance and guidance
- Cluster all BI projects information needs by subject area and source systems to optimize costs, output and the development effort and to drive standardization, harmonization and reusability.
- Commercialize new frontend and backend functionality/ emerging technologies and support pilot implementations
- Enable a QA framework that ensures that projects and support activities are accomplished per Information and System Architecture guidelines.
- Develop and provide business friendly information overview across all functional areas to educate end users on data availability and encourage solution re-use
- Supervision and Collaboration (10%)
- Act as mentor and coach on best practice of BI& Big data technologies and on Information Architecture
- Partner with strategic vendors to align product roadmaps and Mdlz architectural needs
- Liaison with Information technology research and advisory companies (like Gartner) and other FMCG companies to identify trends and news solutions
- Help key stakeholders shape information demand, and align on effective use information assets
- Makes decisions on key technology purchases to align IT investments with business strategies, while reducing risk and delivering adaptive solutions (focus on Digital).
• Leads technology products evaluation processes and Architecture Review Board governance for project solutions.
KPIs / Dimensions
- Ability to manage Solution Architects and Consultants globally.
- Guides and governs technology standards and application of them across global IS & BPE
- Manage budgets between $550k to 1M"
Key Interfaces / Stakeholders
- Strategic Vendors, Partners
- Industry forums
- C-level leadership
- All Business and IS leadership
- Key member of IS Tower leadership team
Career Experiences Required & Role Implications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is preferred. SAP Expertise Required. 10% travel needed.
- A successful candidate will have the experience in prioritizing and introducing new data sources and tools to drive innovation in analytical solutions, consistent approach to commercialization and a robust data architecture that can be leveraged to provide a competitive advantage. Also, an ideal candidate will be deeply curious about new information technologies and their application, as well as possessing great problem solving, communication, mentoring and management skills.
- 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, network management, application development, middle-ware, information analysis, database management or operations) in a multi-tier environment. 4+ years experience in overall SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar.
Knowledge and experience of information architecture, SAP BW on HANA, understanding of master-data modeling, analytics (HADOOP), and visualization tools
Key Leadership / Functional Competencies
- Business acumen
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Innovation management
- Intellectual horsepower
- Strategic agility
- Motivating others
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills. Able to influence others based on earned respect and experience.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.