What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo.
Mondelēz International was born in 2012, but you can trace the products we make today back to the 18th century. Join more than 90,000 employees across the world and you’ll see how we combine the energy, hunger and agility of a new company with the heritage and resources of a large organization.
This is a great opportunity to join our global Tax team based in our offices in Bournville (UK), to deploy and develop your skills in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, whilst helping us, one of the top snacking companies worldwide, on our mission to create delicious moments of JOY.
As a Direct Tax Manager, you will be part of the Global Tax Team, and will hold responsibility for all Direct Tax matters in the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands Holding Companies. You will have lots of opportunities to be involved in key projects supporting change, continuous improvement and new initiatives.
• Initiate and execute business and process improvements in all matters regarding Direct Tax as well as at interfaces with other functions and jurisdictions.
• Administer Direct Tax audits and enquiries in the UK, Ireland and for the Netherland Holding Companies and advise on Indirect Tax audits.
• Support in tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns and with respect to planning projects.
• Maintain and administer transfer-pricing compliance (execution and transfer pricing documentation) in the UK, in Ireland and of the Netherland Holding Companies by providing the required input and reviewing related data and other transfer pricing information as well as coordinate and team with regional tax teams (planning and compliance) on transfer pricing issues, planning, and audits.
• Support the Director of Tax Strategy at relationship meetings with HMRC and maintaining an overall view of all taxes in the UK and associated tax risks.
• Supporting and advising Finance colleagues in matters of Tax Accounting and Tax Reporting as subject matter expert as provided for in the applicable Ways-of-Working (“Wow”), standard operating procedures (“SOP”) or other policies, or as required and agreed in respect of local needs.
• Support the finance team on anything necessary for UK SAO.
• Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
As Direct Tax Manager you will be a qualified certified Tax Advisor, Chartered Accountant with a specialisation in Tax, Tax Lawyer or equivalent.
Ideally you will have demonstrable Tax experience in public accounting firm (big 4 preferred) and/or Multinational Corporation and be skilled in all aspects of Direct Tax.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits program.