We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Jurong, Singapore.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Gum & Candy Research, Development, Quality & Innovation, the Process Engineer responsible for the process development of new and existing confections for Gum & Candy portfolio. The responsibilities include the process development, quality improvement, and/or cost reduction of confectionery products. General responsibilities include initial technical assessments of new products/processes, defining scale up of new/existing processes, designing and performing experiments to accomplish project objectives, conducting pilot scale and production trials, commercializing products at manufacturing sites, developing and communicating project timelines and action plans, and working closely with cross-functional teams. The desired individual must be versatile, flexible, possess sound technical skills, and be capable of working proactively across multiple projects within the confectionery group.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for gum and candy process development for New Product Development and existing confections
- Act as the process development specialist on multi-functional teams
- Provides broad thinking to project technical tracks and business opportunities.
- Seeking out opportunities to drive the Margin Enhancement agenda.
- Develop project timelines for process development elements of each project.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of confectionery process science, and work globally across various regions and functions to ensure sufficient knowledge transfer. Share key learning across the engineering staff.
- Development of processing specifications for new and existing products.
- Provide technical expertise to assist factory troubleshooting of quality and manufacturing issues.
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions in the scale-up of new products from development to manufacturing.
- Accountable for sharing best practices, knowledge transfer, and contributing to competency development across the Research & Development team. This is accomplished via verbal, written and online sharing of learning.
- Coordinate and execute plant trials with Operations to validate formulas and process parameters.
- Able to work on several large projects, multi-tasking and managing priorities.
- Works in a high quality, safe manner
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking to identify and develop advanced measurement/tracking techniques to improve process characterization.
- Independently executes multiple projects according to developed project plans
- Identifies and removes project hurdles and executes contingency plans.
- Manages resources and coordinates with other functions to deliver the assigned projects successfully
- Plans and executes projects with minimal input from manager.