With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
In Marketing, you’ll be the ones who first capture our consumers’ imaginations, giving them a tantalizing taste of our brands. You’ll work to help our brands stay relevant to consumers by developing and activating brand plans that capture their imagination, passion and loyalty.
Describe the broad function and scope of the position:
Lead the implementation and coordination of the IBP process for a category. Includes partnering with the process champions and process leaders from across the five IBP Steps (Portfolio Management Review, Demand Review, Supply Review, Integrated Reconciliation and the Management Business Review) to ensure the reviews are effective and that materials are on time and satisfactory to provide an updated outlook for the Category and make the necessary decisions. Provide holistic and unbiased counsel to the Category President across the end-to-end business value chain. Co-champion the Category Integrated Reconciliation process of IBP to address issues pro-actively within IBP to ensure the delivery of strategy.
Primary responsibilities of the position :
- Understands the key drivers of the category and the levers that impact business success (revenues, volumes and margin)
- Able to synthesize complex issues into focused and clearly articulated decisions that need to be made – support the Category President with decision-making and direction-setting
- Ensures that issues and imbalances which are identified during the monthly IBP cycle are cross functionally reviewed, resolved or escalated with recommendations and alternatives for closure
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvement plans to optimize IBP processes to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth
- Help drive organizational adoption of the IBP process to improve control and utilization of MDLZ resources (inventory, capital, people)
- Works with management team to identify and resolve issues in support of IBP
2. Management of Process:
- Orchestrates the implementation and ongoing management of the overall IBP process
- Proactively liaises and coaches Process Leaders and Owners in the IBP process
- Maintains IBP materials (meeting calendar and schedule for the IBP process steps, IBP policy and procedure documentation, etc.)
- Ensures the IBP hierarchy supports the integration of product, demand, supply and resulting financial opportunities to the plan
- Facilitates Integrated Reconciliation (IR) step, including the development of gap-closing solutions, recommendations, and scenarios that re-optimize the business and develop recommendations for decision at the Management Business Review
- Facilitates the Management Business Review (MBR) meeting, including agenda preparation, executive briefing, consolidation and distribution of MBR deck, and the issuing of meeting minutes and action items
3 Continuous Improvement
- Monitors process KPI’s to ensure the business and the process is delivering stated objectives. Ensure corrective action measures are identified and executed.
- In consultation with the Change Management Lead, manages and communicates the change management process relative to process changes
- Engages and stays informed with Product Management, Finance, and Supply to maintain continuous integrated resolution of issues as they arise, as well as day to day threats and
Internal and external contacts:
- Regional Category President: Weekly/ Monthly engagement to ensure transparency on latest views to the plan
- Category Presidents: Weekly/ Monthly engagement to ensure transparency on latest views to the plan, and to share up to date activities to accelerate latest estimate and close revenue and OI gaps
- Regional IBP Lead: Daily/Weekly engagement to ensure alignmen
- Planning Leads (Sales, Supply and Demand): weekly engagement on training, education and continuous improvement
- Global IBP Team: weekly engagement on best practice sharing and education
- Regional IBP Peers: weekly engagement on knowledge sharing
- General Work Experience (10 yrs min)
- Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (10 yrs min)
- Project Management (5 yrs min)
- Experience outside of Mondelez (desired)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with executive management
- Recognized leadership capability
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions
- Experience implementing new business processes and driving organization change
- Strong project management, facilitation and problem solving skills
- Broad functional experience or knowledge of the key processes of Product Management, Demand and/or Supply Management highly recommended
- Advanced knowledge of IBP systems and processes a plus, but not required
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.