Integration of Brand Equity
• responsible for gathering and assessing local markets and consumer information relevant to their brand and supports recommendations regarding their incorporation in Brand Equity Strategy and ensure accordingly the correct brand positioning and that Brand Essence elements are reflected in marketing activities.
• ensure all brand program aspects are consistent with approved Brand Foundations and implements programs when required.
• active participation and leading role at IMC process specific to their brand/product segment/projects
Strategic Planning Process/ Annual Plan/ Monthly/Quarterly Updates
• liaise cross functionally to conduct and collect all relevant market and consumer data for their brand to feed into the development of a local brand plan (i.e., market and consumer needs analysis, competitor analysis, trade environment and pricing activities, manufacturing opportunities and assessing local economic situation).
• preparation of local strategies and plans development as per annual planning cycle (AC, Brand Reviews, and Monthly Updates) ensuring qualitative input is provided in all marketing mix elements for responsible brands/product segments/projects
Portfolio and margin management
Supports his/her manager in:
• brand/segment portfolio segment management
• margin management and tracking of existing business and innovation pipeline
• sourcing strategy implementation
Leads development and execution of brand programs in all mix elements:
Product and Packaging Quality Initiatives
• The Junior Brand Manager is part of the project team for all PPQS changes/ initiatives relevant to their brand segment and is responsible to ensure that all relevant information necessary for the project from a marketing perspective is submitted.
• After approval of the PPQS documents by Local Category Director, the JBM supports his/her manager in ensuring that the product quality meets the expected PPQS from a CI and RD&Q perspective.
• In cases of variance, the JBM supports recommendations for the Product and Packaging Quality Improvement, and together with SBM obtains approval from the Local Category Director.
• The JBM monitors implementation of corrective actions for their brand of responsibility.
Pricing Strategy Implementation
• The JBM performs on going tracking of pricing activities within the market place relevant for the brand and make proposals and assessment of opportunities and risks existing in the local market according to the pricing strategy as determined by the Local Category Director.
• JBM supports pricing implementation actions
Integrated Marketing Communication
• The JBM participates (or leads were relevant) in the development of an IMC Planning Brief specific to their brand and obtains approval from the Local Category Director.
• The Jr Brand Mgr ensures integrity of consumer communication activities within the overall brand strategy.
• JBM develops together with SBM the brand plans and is responsible for leading the implementation of the agreed communication plan for his/her brand segments/projects, including creative productions, media agency management and cross-functional coordination with manufacturing, CS&L, Sales and Finance.
• JBM performs on-going monitoring and evaluation of campaign results and makes proposals for on-going improvements
• The JBM participates in agency management briefing and evaluation process.
• The JBM participates (or leads where relevant) in the media planning process for his/her brand segments/projects through engagement in the IMC process.
• The JBM supports the development of the Media Flowchart relevant for his/her brand segments/projects which is led by the Media team and obtains approval from the Local Category Director.
• The JBM monitors the implementation of the Media activities through constant liaison with the Media Manager.
• The JBM will provide input to his/her manager for the year end Media Agency evaluation.
• JBM is responsible for developing brand consumer promotions for his/her brands segments/projects according to the brand strategy and is responsible for the implementation of the agreed promotional plan for his brands.
• JBM performs on-going monitoring and evaluation of campaign results and makes active proposals for on-going improvement of the brand promotional activities
Trade Spend Management
• JBM gains an understanding of trade spend activities during meetings with Sales and his/her manager.
• JBM assists with the analysis of market information from Sales, Consumer Insights and Sales Controllers in order to contribute to the development of the Trade Promotional Guidelines to be approved by Local Category Director
• JBM helds discussions with Sales and aligns together with his/her manager on relevant Trade incentives for his/her brand/product segment/projects
Trade programs implementations including recos for trade incentives, TPRs, info letters to customers, budget monitoring are Sales responsibilities
Business Key Performance Indicators
• JBM monitors, measures and supports corrective actions for business performance for his/her specific brand segment against a set of KPIs:
Volume, Revenue, GP, A&C (Advertising & Consumer Spending), NC, share of market
• Manages monthly and yearly A&C and promotional spend against targets and best practices. Accountable for full compliance with Company Business Conduct
I2M (Idea to Market)
• The JBM is responsible for the implementation of brans initiatives in local market according with agreed launch plan, communication and support at consumer and trade level.
• JBM provides relevant marketing input and leads preparation of the Project Development Request (PDR) and Launch Request (LR) for local or refreshment innovation projects for their brands pre-agreed with SBM.
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
• JBM supports his/her manager in proposing the volume targets for their brands/product segments base on brand programs
• JBM monitors volume achievement and inventory levels for their brands and liaises with Sales monthly to discuss changes in volume and agree on adjustments with his manager