With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
To support the bakery’s mixing and packaging departments, including raw material unloading, minor and major ingredient delivery, troubleshooting, developing recipes, high speed packaging maintenance and labelers. This includes direction of hourly maintenance personnel on the floor, in the execution of the production plan, quality control and analysis, asset management, and resolution of production problems. To ensure adherence to safety guidelines and directives, established GMP and sanitation practices, material use specifications and production scheduling guidelines
Position summary statement
Applicants must be familiar with the various technical aspects of the assigned operations and its’ associated equipment. In addition, a working knowledge of variable frequency drives, motion control, SAP, Windows OS, and MS Office based programs along with a strong background in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting is expected. Applicants must have a demonstrated understanding of maintenance concepts for installed equipment including maintenance routines and practices, and must be able to analyze production reports and QS data to recognize adverse trends. A general understanding of the practices associated with the development and administration of union contracts is strongly preferred. Successful applicants should exhibit communication/interpersonal skills and managerial ability required to directly manage subordinate hourly personnel while providing for their technical training and personal development. Must be conversant with the concepts of manufacturing such as JIT, Lean-Six Sigma, etc., and be able to establish and implement plans for changing workplace strategies adopted by the company in pursuit of its’ business needs. A working knowledge of OSHA regulations, EEO practices/policies, contractual bargaining agreements, plant safety regulations, FDA guidelines for food plant operations, and environmental regulations regarding manufacturing plant operations is required. Finally, the ability to ensure all activities adhere to company policies, procedures, and philosophies in the attainment of assigned work schedules within budgeted costs is fundamental.
Primary responsibilities & accountabilities
• Provide direction and support to Grade 5/6 supervision, as well as all shift employees, with constant presence on the production floor.
• Exhibits initiative to address issues without being prompted.
• Always convey a “can do” attitude with peers and subordinates.
• Openly discuss concerns, issues, negativity, questions, etc. in a professional manner. This is communicated in such a way as to not diminish the morale of one’s peers and team members.
• Communicate clear, concise, comprehensive expectations.
• Develop goals to improve-self and team opportunities.
• Consistently follow and enforce all plant rules/expectations.
Regulatory & Compliance:
• 100% Satisfactory on all safety, quality and regulatory compliance, including Specifications
• Lead Improvement teams to drive down consumer complaints
• Investigate and eliminate repeat Hold occurrences
• Immediately address any and all safety concerns, violations, and unsafe conditions.
• Serves as a mentor to peers and drives Quality & Safety Expectations within their shift: audits, inspections, incident reporting, compliance training, KSRMP leadership & participation
Operating & Process Control Responsibilities:
• Reviews quality trends to identify problems and opportunities expeditiously, and where quality problems have escalated to the team leader, decides on an appropriate course of action to resolve. Understands and utilize POG reviews to drive product consistency.
• Deliver Business Unit (shift) Productivity Target through:
o Efficiency/Output goals are met and exceeded on production lines
o B&R is below Budget expectations
o Maximizing Raw Material & Packaging usage
o Maximizing Rework usage
o Managing labor to budget or better
o Understands Customer Satisfaction by delivering Attainment goals (CFR)
o Maintenance KPI’s
• Participates in Process/Line design layouts and Capital Project Implementation.
• Participates in preventative maintenance planning.
• Submits/Oversees work orders and follows up with functional departments and Supervisors to address internal and external facility sanitation audit issues.
• Lead at least one Improvement Project equal to or greater than $250,000.
• Verifies, where problems have been addressed, that the problem has been eliminated and ensure that, where necessary, work instructions, job aids and procedures have been updated.
• Leads, coaches, mentors and supports team members in using the correct problem solving techniques (root cause failure analysis, 5 why, quick fix, etc.) to solve situational problems.
1. Directly reports to Maintenance Manager, with a dotted line to the Business Unit Leader or Business Unit Manager.
2. Works with and support all manufacturing and plant supervisors, staff, business unit managers, co-leaders, and associates.
3. Works with support groups: Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, R&S/Logistics, Finance, Human Resources, R&D, Marketing and other facilities.
4. Works with and leads Project Teams as assigned by Managers.Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering or related fields is required. Education and experience may be substituted for the degree. Applicants must have a sufficiently broad background including but not limited to promoting employees and self-development, packaging and processing equipment maintenance, and manufacturing systems that are focused in the individual’s area of responsibility. Applicants must also be able to learn the company policies and procedures. Applicants must have interpersonal and team skills to function as team member and leader.
Ability to push 50 pounds ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to climb ladder and step ladder. Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.