What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
If you are looking for a challenging Health, Safety and Environmental position within the FMCG industry then this is your opportunity to make an impact!
You will support us in the delivery of the Mondelez International Global Safety, Security and Environment Standards at Chirk and ensure that all relevant UK and EU legal standards are complied with, including the measurement of performance, training, assessment, auditing and reporting.
- Develop S&E strategy and agenda for the site, through the Manufacturing Sections, participating in management reviews and using tools and techniques to identify cross-site opportunities. Coach and support the Factory Leadership Team and Departmental Management in delivery of their local EHS agenda.
- Provide reports and insights into Chirk EHS KPI’s to the European Team.
- Drive and support the implementation of the Mondelez International Safety, Security and Environment Standards, ensuring best practices are adopted, and standardized actions plans are developed and implemented. Ensure that progress is monitored and that the site is complying with the standards.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Security and Environment training requirements are identified for the site, and that appropriate training packages are developed and delivered to support the implementation of Mondelez standards/procedures. Ensure that training programmes are reviewed in line with changing policy/legislation.
- Interface with external bodies such as the HSE and Environment Agency to ensure legal/policy compliance and participate in any subsequent communication to stakeholders within the business. Interface with other Mondelez Sites to ensure best practices are being adopted. Lead planning and organizing for EHS related external audits to maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation. Participate in the internal auditing program ensuring any assigned audits are completed to the required timescales and any resulting actions are assigned to owners. Track completion and effectiveness of actions.
- Provide technical, analytically based solutions and advice to the Factory Leadership Team and Manufacturing Section Management on issues relating to Safety, Security and Environment.
- Develop Safety, Sustainability & Environmental capital investment opportunities as required, and manage the implementation of the projects. Ensure that EHS is considered in any plant or product changes, acquisitions/dispositions and capital projects.
- Lead the annual development of the EHS contract
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
- Coaching Skills
- Influencing outside of line management control
- Comfortable communicating and delivering information at all levels of seniority within a large organisation
- Analytical / Root Cause Analysis Skills
- Auditing Skills / Adherence to Standards
- Training Skills
- FMCG experience
- Considerable experience in Factory Safety and Environment Management
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.