With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Engineering is where your brilliant ideas can become a delicious reality. You’ll develop the highly technical processes and competitive-advantaged assets behind every product we make, whether it’s an imaginative chocolate bar triangle like Toblerone, an irresistible breakfast snack like belVita or some wonderful new treat we haven’t even thought of yet.
The Site Engineering Manager supports and co-leads global and regional engineering platforms working towards standardized line designs as well as promoting and driving ‘Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S)’ cultural change throughout the organization through functional capability building and driving/applying IL6S work processes.
The role leads and champions the development of required skills within the plant engineering team through technical and project managerial capability upgrades and coaching to ensure initiatives are managed at a high level of efficiency, quality and employee safety.
As part of the IL6S implementation the role owns and leads the ‘Innovation Initiative Pillar (IIM)’ which is one of eleven pillars of IL6S being responsible for Vertical Start Up management and Technical Readiness in all initiatives.
- Creation of flexibility and capability with focus on zero losses and 100% engagement
- Initiate step change productivity planning leveraging technology and asset through translation of loss analysis into initiatives filling the funnel for the plants profit sustaining and enhancing project portfolio.
- Development and roll out of standards in cooperation with the regional/global engineering organization. As such drive competitive advantaged cost structures.
- Development and roll out of break through ideas in close cooperation with cross-functional partners on site and regional level including Research Development & Quality, Procurement and related functions to support strategies
- Responsible for capital investment initiatives and as such for achieving the plants Compelling Business Need (CBN) including safety, service, cash flow, productivity and growth targets.
- Lead cross functional project development and coordination
- Lead multi – functional teams and task forces of technical functions to drive world class efficiency and safety
- Lead projects towards Vertical Start Up (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality when it comes to safety, quality and efficiency as well as 100% engagement)
- Coordination of manufacturing, engineering and supply chain resources to ensure successful execution of all deliverables of project management (safety, cash flow, etc.)
- OEM relationship management on project and initiative basis
- Ensure strong linkage to regional and global capability building teams leveraging available programs to drive team development.
- Deliver equipment designs according to IL6S requirements (AM step3, PM step 2)
- Use Integrated Lean 6 Sigma tools and practices and ensure Early Management process steps are in place.
- Coordinate and facilitate change management processes within the global engineering community to drive standards linking with technology platforms. Maintain the Maintenance Prevention Database.
- Build capability on site level required to ensure Vertical Start up:
- Own the implementation of the cluster IIM Pillar through building pillar capability and governance as a first and project team capabilities as a second step.
- Ensure and manage the competence and skills development for asset hand-over and care (part of Technology transfer and training of new initiatives)
- New Product Launch and Modification
- Lead technical assessments, capability studies and capital execution for new product launches and modification in cooperation with key partners namely Business Development, Research and Development, Procurement
- Lead breakthrough thinking bringing new ideas and possibilities. Lead or co-lead new equipment and/or process development
- Support harmonization of manufacturing processes and de-complexity of product portfolio working with Business Development partners
- Customer / Consumer focus & service
- Develop the technical agenda from business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions
- Develop technical proposals to enhance line capability with target to ensure optimal utilization of plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans
- Internal customer focus driving the Maintenance Prevention (MP) process for ongoing improvement of standards and 100% engagement
- Accountable for managing mid to large scale capital investment projects ($500k - $3MM), providing leadership during concept/design stage, implementation and start-up phases are executed at highest level of efficiency, quality and employee safety.
- Controls cost, cash flow phasing and schedule of the projects.
- Responsible for leading site level cross- functional team for successful project execution.
- Coordinates with site engineering manager, Regional Technology Owners (RTO) and plant resources.
- Implements Innovation Initiative Management (IIM) tools for delivering Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) success criteria
- Provides Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) feasibility perspectives linked with the specific project scope. Identifies the capital and capital related expenses, optimum layout, equipment and phasing over time to meet the project scope objectives.
- Manages communications interface and project governance within ISC and key stakeholders.
- Leads a cross functional project team at plant level
- Ensures successful execution of the projects in accordance with Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S) by leveraging IIM principles.
- Identifies cost effective, high savings productivity solutions and develops project in order to improve performance, product quality, safety and sustainability, yield and manufacturing cycle times
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7 years Project Management experience
- Minimum 2-3 years IL6S experience with a focus on IIM or TPM
- Experience within the Food & Beverage industry in a high speed manufacturing environment
- Strong Leadership and proven Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, train and mentor teams
- Experience working across multiple countries and regions preferred
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.