With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As a part of Sales, you’ll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you’ll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
The Sales Associate (SA) is a full-time Sales position that is designed to build a world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level. A major objective of this role is to establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals while providing outstanding customer service, maximizing sales, conducting effective planning & order-writing; as well as supporting and completing activities such as merchandising & shelf-pricing. The Sales Associate exploits selling opportunities, company programs, and strategies to positively influence the sale of Mondelēz International products to retail stores on a variety of territories while covering the vacation or leave of absence of a Sales Representative.
- Training for the Sales Representative role. Develop complete knowledge of Mondelēz products, systems, and procedures, including: sales objectives, campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, sales presentations, sources of product and distribution, and proper merchandising concepts.
- Inventory Management/Order Writing. Develop skills in order-writing and managing inventory.
- Stock Shelves and Rotate Product. Work in conjunction with the Merchandisers to ensure inventory is fully-stocked, rotated and presentable at all times.
- Sales. Sell new products, displays, and promotions at store level, as well as build and maintain displays.
- Territory Management. Cover open Sales Representative territories as part of career development.
- Travel. Overnights hotel stays may occur when covering out of town territories.
Mondelēz International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups which cater to people of all ethnicities, genders, ages and sexual orientations. Mondelēz International also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partner with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come.QualificationsKey Competencies:
Benefits and Compensation:
The Sales Associate role is designed to be a transitional role into the Sales Representative role. This position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and Employee Assistance Program benefits. Also offered is a company vehicle, which includes a gas card and vehicle maintenance program. Along with a competitive compensation package, the Sales Associate is also eligible to participate in an incentive program.
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to benefit customers and Mondelēz Global.
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success.
- Ability to use sales and order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with the ability to change schedule on a daily basis to meet the demands of the business.
- Demonstration of strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems with minimal guidance to minimize disruptions to the business.
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-pace work environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to set safety expectations and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet with a personal email account.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree highly preferred.
- Must be open to relocation, outside of region, and outside of state, as necessary.
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to travel across the region, a week at a time, to cover a territory and being available to work weekends and holidays. Some overnight travel may be required
- Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience a plus.
- Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed.
- Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.