With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
To set up cookie and cracker dough cutters, adjust speed and weights, plus all other necessary functions including flour dusters, spray wash units, salters and seed dispensers, trouble shooting of blocked cuttings and cleanliness of all areas of cutting room.
1. Set up reciprocating, rotary and overhead rotary cutters.
2. Monitor weight, gauge and speed controls.
3. The cleaning and trouble shooting of all cutters.
4. Set up, clean and ensure the proper functions of salters, flour dusters, seed dispenser and spray wash units.
5. Perform any sewing, repairing, cleaning or tracking of belts needed.
6. Inform supervisor of substandard mix and to run off dough into scrap tables.
7. Keep work area clean.
8. Start and stop ovens at scheduled times.
9. To be familiar with drive units, PIV gears, control panels, and the use of hand tools where necessary.
10. To have a knowledge of the quality standards of embossing and weights.
11. Accurately record all required data.
• Lifting: Lifting by hoist and pulling cutting units (up to 75 pounds)
• Reaching: Full extension for dough units and pulling cutters out
• Repetition: Change cutter once daily
• Monotony: Low
• Noise: Reciprocating cutters require hearing protection
• Responsibility: Start up and operation of cutters to standard
• Vehicle Operation: Hand pallet truck
• Hand & Power Tools: Ability to use hand tool for set up and learning
• Stress: Low
• Work in a safe competent manner, following rules and procedures as required as outlined in the Plant Safety Handbook. Report any unsafe condition to Supervisor. Have working knowledge of various safety programs as per the New Hire Orientation.
Housekeeping & Sanitation
• Keep work area neat and tidy at all times. Personal hygiene, clean uniforms and hair nets are mandatory in a food environment.
• Must take direction from Supervisor, Lead Hand or any competent person regarding any reasonable requirement not specified in the above description for the purpose of achieving manufacturing goals, quality standards and safety requirements.
1. Completed high school is mandatory.
2. A knowledge of general laborer’s job in the baking department.
3. The ability to accurately record all data required.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.