What makes working at Mondelez International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Sourcing Specialist Packaging works in cooperation with the Global or Regional Spend Area teams to support the development and execution of sourcing strategies.
The key activities include interaction with cross functional stakeholders to manage spend and market analytics, generating insights from bid events, preparing supplier negotiation materials, supporting project execution and supplier relationship management, and driving controls and compliance.
Sourcing Specialists act as a point of interaction between the Global or Regional Spend Area teams so communication skills are important in order to be successful.
1. Assist Spend Area Manager with strategic planning and the execution of sourcing practices
- Define requirements and templates for analytics and market intelligence
- Support the continuous improvement and standardization of the strategic sourcing processes
- Analyze spend baseline, Spend Area profile, and market insights to support development of Spend Area and supplier strategies
- Support the development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies in alignment with the Spend Area Manager and ensure proper documentation thereof
- Coordinate preparation for sourcing events (e.g. bid event preparation, supplier communication package, negotiation decks)
- Perform supplier analysis including supplier screening, financials and capability assessments to support supplier selection process
2. Execute end-to-end sourcing projects for less complex Spend Areas in alignment with the Spend Area Manager
- Manage the Procurement strategy implementation or sourcing execution for less complex Spend Areas
- Perform supplier selection and fact-based negotiations, validated by the Spend Area Manager
- Provide support to regions and countries on a case-by-case basis to offset local or regional skills gaps (bring specific Spend Area or technical knowledge to key stakeholder meetings and negotiations)
- Develop Spend Area specific toolkits (i.e. excellence toolkits) and train Regional Spend Area Managers in adequate execution thereof
- Build up knowledge repository and encourage active enhancement by Regional Spend Area Managers based on local experience
3. Assist and drive stakeholder alignment
- Support the Spend Area Manager in the identification of the stakeholders in the initiation of the strategy development and sourcing execution projects
- Actively engage with stakeholders as defined in alignment with the Spend Area Manager throughout the strategy development and sourcing execution process
- Ensure that the input from the stakeholder is considered in the process.
- Prepare the stage gate documentation
4. Coordinate operational interfacing and interactions
- Interface between the global Procurement organization and the product development, planning and supply teams in the regions or countries in alignment with the global Spend Area Manager and the Regional Spend Area Manager
- Provide insights on Procurement analytics and data to support the new product development cycle
- Escalate issues to the Spend Area Manager or Spend Area Director
5. Assist in supplier relationship
- Drive supplier performance by lifting and shifting best practices from one region to another region
- Coordinate with Regional stakeholders to obtain feedback on supplier performance related to service, quality and delivery to help build insights for supplier relationship management (SRM) program
- Monitor, control and report KPI's for the assigned Spend Area.
6. Support margin agenda and days payable outstanding for the global sub spend areas
- Active support and contribution to margin management and cash flow meetings
- Productivity and Payment Terms recording and tracking
- Support proactive organization sessions with internal customers to identify further Total Cost of Ownership reduction opportunities for Spend Areas