With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
The Global Legal Operations Financial Analyst will be responsible for the review, process and management of outside counsel legal invoices, including the tax implications. e.g., VAT, for matter management and electronic billing invoices for the countries that the company does business. This position will work closely with the global users of the department’s matter management technology within the legal organization, procurement, SAP and outside counsel law firms.
Provide General Operational Support: Project management, development of policies and procedures, define reporting requirements, process improvements, as well as end-user training and enhance the global team’s operational effectiveness and support.
- Ensure integration, development, continued improvement of the Global Law Department’s Matter Management and electronic billing systems, and ensure compliance with the global financial and budgeting requirements.
- Process a significant amount of complex and confidential outside counsel legal invoices. Manage the tax and indirect tax implications (VAT, business tax, etc.) for matter management and electronic invoicing for outside counsel legal invoices for the countries/regions that company does business.
- Manage the accrual process, reconciliation and communication with the firms to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles "GAAP".
- Prepare outside counsel reports Outside Counsel Legal Services Governance review.
- Assist with internal forecasts, financial planning and potential budget risks to ensure the department meets their strategic financial targets.
- Analyze and measure the law firm’s performance against budgets, staffing models, budget and staff plans, maintain metrics scorecard and develop strategies and recommendations.
- Work with vendor management in alignment with Global Procurement and on-going process improvement and uses of the matter management tool.
- Coordinate and maintain the department’s Global Outside Counsel Management strategy processes and tools to share knowledge and procedures across the legal department.
- Enforce the Mondelēz Outside Counsel Guidelines and firm's compliance related to outside counsel management and monthly billing to ensure compliance with the company’s Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with budget and financial management
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- 2 or more years of global legal billing or finance experience
- 2 or more years of experience with Legal Technology Matter Management and Electronic Billing
- 2 or more years of experience with Outside Legal Counsel Billing
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables, VLookUps
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.