Commercial Finance Controller is an end-to-end role supporting the commercial leaders as a strategic business partner in delivering profitable financial growth while also providing financial control, forecasting and analysis of trade spending, and ensuring an accurate revenue closing process. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Business partnering with respective sales teams in all finance related matters.
Lead month-end revenue/trade spending closing process
Forecast, analyse and track trade spending of sales channels, ensure spendings are in line with budget
Assess efficiency of sales channels, and improve existing go-to-market structure.
Measure category, customer and channel performance by preparing regular profitability analysis and establish action plans
Ensure that the spending/invoices are in line and correctly classified with the reporting guidelines.
Control & provide timely and accurate accrual vs. commitment at period ends.
Optimize invoice and booking workflows, improve existing systems.
Own compliance and controls within the sales controlling area.
Lead and coach direct reports. Establish development plans for the team.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training:
- University graduate
- IFRS /USGAAP and Accounting knowledge
- Working knowledge of Finance systems – experience of SAP
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Prior experience in controlling and business partnering is an asset
- Proficiency in English
- Multinational company experience
- Strong coordination, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strategic agility
- Conflict management
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Team management experience