At Mondelēz International, we work hard, every day, to delight you with the quality brands you’ve grown up with. We devote ourselves to creating scrumptious snacks that will give you delicious moments - whether enjoying appetizing, crunchy biscuits with your family or taking a moment to indulge in a sweet, creamy chocolate treat and a chat with friends or simply chewing a refreshing piece of gum. And we’re hungry to find new ways of making life even easier and tastier for you and more joyful for us all. So we focus relentlessly on improving our products, our workplace, our alliances, our communities and our world.
In Research, Development, Quality & Innovations (RDQ&I), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RDQ&I is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
As part of the Global Food Safety function this role will provide global leadership in the area of chemical safety of food contact materials. This position has both outward and inward facing elements. The incumbent will represent the company in key external forums and be responsible for both developing and presenting the company positions on key relevant subjects, as well as interpreting the external environment and understanding the business impact. The role will be responsible for the development of related chemical safety strategies for food contact materials. This includes toxicological risk assessment methodologies and ensuring a science based development and/or maintenance of the core programs within Mondelez.
Key objectives in this role includes horizon scanning, internal advocacy for chemical safety of packaging programs to ensure we meet food safety commitments, ensuring the company stays at the forefront of toxicological risk assessment and analyze methodologies.
The individual will partner with packaging R&D supporting on innovation, novel technologies and sustainability. The individual will need to be respected in the peer group of senior toxicologists, be highly aware of key challenges facing the industry as well as to have a clear vision on how these can be addressed, and an excellent understanding of the key global regulatory frameworks for chemical safety. The employee will also need to act as a relationship builder both internally with business partners and externally with scientific, trade and government agencies.
- Support the vision and strategy for managing packaging relevant toxicological aspects aligned with company objectives to protect consumers and to address upcoming business needs
- Ensure the maintenance and the robustness of Mondelez global Food Safety packaging programs. This includes the HACCP management and specification.
- Develop toxicological risk assessments in support of all commercial activities to ensure internal food safety programs receive the most up-to-date and science based advice
- Internal advocacy and stakeholder relationship management to ensure a seamless and effective information sharing across all relevant functions, effective prioritization and consistent global approaches.
- External stakeholder relationship management to ensure effective advocacy of Mondelez positions and approaches to delivering food safety, maintenance of Mondelez external reputation and understanding of key trends likely to impact the company
- 10 years professional experience
- Graduate degree in relevant technical discipline with strong preference for PhD
- Proven track record in dealing with food industry packaging related toxicology risk assessments delivering science based risk assessments with an ability to handle both uncertainty and variability
- Familiar with the various global food contact material compliance regulations and similar
- Proven track record in influencing external association programs
- Sound chemical safety knowledge of food contact materials, food technology and quality across wide product portfolio with focus on chocolate and biscuit
- Sound knowledge in composition of food contact materials regarding migrants and barrier properties
- Able to communicate effectively to senior business leaders on complex technical issues.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and lead issue resolution/consensus
- Strong understanding of public health, NGO and government actions/interests related to toxicological aspects of food contact material on a global scale
- Strong ability to drive the chemical safety agenda for food contact materials with internal business partners (especially R&D) and external stakeholders
- Strong external reputation
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
So if you’re ready to take this fascinating journey, your ideal career is just one small click away.
Please note that application documents in English are required (make sure English version of your CV is uploaded in the application form) and full recruitment process is conducted in English. We will contact only selected candidates.
To see more job opportunities please visit our careers website.