Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc. While Mondelez International is new, the company’s brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which its products are marketed.
As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelez International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Mondelez International is a global snacks powerhouse with billion in revenues and operations in more than 80 countries. More than 80 percent of our revenues are generated outside North America. Our brand portfolio includes such well-known brands as Oreo, Trident, Cadbury, LU, Toblerone, Halls and Milka. For more information, visit http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
Are you fascinated by our delicious business around the Globe? Are you excited about Change?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join with us!
Mondelez International is looking for Senior Manager Corporate and Government Affairs.
The CGA Senior Manager is responsible, in support to the WACAM & VE CGA Director, of executing the Corporate and Government Affairs plans for Venezuela, ensuring Company representation against key external audiences such as governmental offices and representatives, trade associations, NGOs, Media and other critical institutions. It will lead and be responsible for the execution of the local advocacy/lobbying and related manufacturing plants strategy. It will encompass the execution of local internal and external communications plans, and will ensure the right implementation and leverage of CSR/community local programs with a special focus on health & wellness and sustainability agenda.
Must ensure the right execution of the Venezuela CGA strategic to leverage Company´s reputation and access to business opportunities that can add value from our function, whilst anticipating threats that could affect our LTO.
It will manage the overall image of Mondelez International in Venezuela through its institutional relations, CSR platform implementation and integrated communications local execution (marketing, corporate and internal).
- Corporate & Government Affairs Strategy Execution:
- Ensure right level of CGA strategy and its execution for Venezuela businesses, on timely basis.
- Promote and guarantee the company’s positive image, and its brands, among all external stakeholders by correctly planning strategies in the short, mid and long terms, and thru government and regulatory relationships, the company’s communication channels , CSR platform and its programs, and internal networking-
- Anticipate threats and opportunities for the BUs, and its assertive management.
- Support strategy and tactics to ensure raw materials
- Manage SSMT related to inscpections
- Ensure best Company representation / spokesperson and where relevant, ensure the correct spokespeople are put forward. Develop proactive traditional and new media strategies.
- Implement strategic events that raise awareness of the company’s image and mission.
- Part of the local crisis management team.
- Coordinate media Company´s exposure in Venezuela ensuring regular contact and appropriate response to requests.
- Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Ensure the right execution and follow up of social investment local programs which deliver clear benefit to the communities and Mondelez International.
- Ensure leverage of these programs towards key external stakeholders and internal audiences.
- Reputational Risk Management:
- Ensure internal awareness of risks and potential risks to Mondelez International corporate image and reputation.
- Promote strategies that help minimize risks and protect the business.
- Promote strict Mondelez International Venezuela adherence to all compliance policies, norms, and laws – internal and external.
- Special Situations Support:
- Core member of the Special Situations response team, responsible for all communications support during SSTs and acting as company spokesperson.
- Build and implement strategic relationships with governmental and public sectors to enhance the company’s corporate identity and image with key stakeholders in Venezuela BU.
- Provide the guidelines for all matters related to Government and Public Affairs as well as external communication and media management, following global and regional strategies and guidelines to the countries in the region.
- Acts as media coordinator, directing press inquiries to the appropriate internal spokesperson.
The successful candidate will be a:
- Minimum requirement is at least 8 - 10 years professional experience in corporate affairs or related roles, including leadership positions in corporate or agency environment.
- Higher education in related areas – Law, Social Communication, Advertising, Journalism/Communications, preferable with extension or graduate courses in complementary areas – Business, Economy.
- Some level of experience in building effective relationships with key external actors, including media supervising implementation of PR plans, and clearly and effectively communicating complex business concepts.
- Sound understanding of related countries governments, regulatory, public and private institutions, NGOs, and stakeholder landscape.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Venezuela Laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of food industry, food policy, trade or economic issues preferred.
- Public Affairs: strategic and tactic ability to anticipate issues and risks associated with public policies. Excellent capacity to transform this into opportunities to void or minimize negative impact to our business and local operations. Relationship building with key government officials. Possess excellent negotiation, presentation and consultative selling skills. Thorough knowledge of legislative and regulatory process.
- Advocacy: Ability to engage with various stakeholders from NGOs, multilateral organizations, chambers, KOLs (both critics and supporters) to build a powerful case on behalf of the company. Forge effective partnerships and coalitions and create consensus with external organizations.
- Communication: Fluency in English. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coach others. Ability and passion for creating outstanding communication (clear and compelling) across a variety of channels – print, online, oral, visual. Great listener with ability to capture the tone, style of executives and reflect that in communication developed for them. Ability to understand and articulate key corporate financial and other strategic business issues. Adept at interacting with top tier related traditional and digital media, as well as Social Media networks.
- Financial/Business Acumen: Understand and effectively communicate complex business initiatives.
- Change Management: Flexible and comfortable in a changing environment. Lead proactive activities through change.
- Partnership: Teamwork. Build strong, on-going relationships across the company and at many levels within Mondelez International to build trust quickly and deliver initiatives effectively.
- Executional Excellence: Deadline driven. Work with a purposeful urgency to deliver flawlessly, on time and efficiently. Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Crisis Management: Manage crisis and contingencies with multiple high-profile and high-risk initiatives simultaneously and with confidence.
- People Management: excellent people skills. Ability to lead both mid-level professionals and emerging talents. Ability to demand results on timely basis while assertively rewarding performance.
- Minimum requirement is at least 8 - 10 years professional experience in corporate affairs or related roles, including leadership positions in corporate or agency environment
- Experience of food industry issues, including health and wellness, and sustainability.
- Proficient and experienced corporate spokesperson on a variety of complex issues. Experience engaging high-level media (tier-one, broadcast).
- Experience of senior level representation at trade associations, and political and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience working effectively with top company management
- Experience in managing media exposure and being a relevant spokesperson on behalf of the company.
- Great attitude towards working in collaboration with own team and other functions.
Mondelez International, Inc. is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondelez International, Inc. therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.
We invite you to leave your CV to be part of this great team of people and brands who make Mondelez International.
Join our dream of creating delicious moments of joy!
Thank you, we look forward to speaking with you!