With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
A General Packer is required to safely and efficiently support the work flow by inspecting, filling, stacking, packing, loading, and unloading product and material to packaging equipment to meet production, safety, cost, quality, and efficiency requirements
• Rotate work station between feeding finished candy onto the dumping table and inspecting candy quality, ensuring that packaged product meets quality standard. At some machines, the General Packer is required to pack bagged candy into cardboard boxes and manually load boxes onto an empty pallet for the warehouse
• Communicate material requirements to appropriate personnel
• Provide support as required to machine operators
• Responsible to continuously clean the area surrounding the work station
• Maintain general work centre cleanliness, support major line cleaning and end of shift cleaning
• Responsible for fixing jam-ups
• Record batch number and time of day for every new pallet of candy
• Knowledge and understanding of SOP’s and work instructions
• Understand, participate and support all safety programs, policies and initiatives within the manufacturing location
• Responsible for ensuring all packaged product produced meets all GMP and food safety requirements
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
• High School Diploma
• GMP/Food Safety and HACCP training
• Lockout training
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Previous experience using production line type machinery or food processing machinery would be an asset.
• Communication skills
• Learning on the fly
• Problem solving
• A high level of physical effort in:
o Lifting from the floor to waist, floor to shoulder, and waist to shoulder
o Manual dexterity
o Standing for long periods of time
o Reaching forward below the waist level and above the shoulder
o Repetitive physical demands
• Minor level of mental effort overall:
o High attention to detail
o Repetitive tasks, but requires a high attention to detail
• This position occurs in a manufacturing plant environment
• Exposure to noise, some dust (sugar), water, and variable temperatures is common
• The use of personal protective equipment is required, particularly protective footwear hearing protection, and heat resistant gloves
• The use of company mandated uniform is required (long sleeve shirts/pants, hairnets, gloves, etc.)
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.