Mondelēz International LLC is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelēz International LLC is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International LLC has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum.
Mondelēz International LLC portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelēz International LLC has annual revenue of approximately $35 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
1. Proactively review business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into reliable propositions. Initiate creation of adequate conversion product team and assure its direct linkage to customer. Communicate Plant product opportunities and ensure optimal utilization of Plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans and FOF orders by high-quality service level.
New Product Launch and Modification
2. Ensure conversion product launch preparation and launch via adequate co-ordination, contingencies and communication. Lead and execute all product-related changes, both in terms of product and packaging in co-operation with R&D and Marketing, and process-related changes in co-operation with Procurement, R&D and Quality Assurance. Initiate and manage harmonization of manufacturing process and de-complexity of product portfolio.
3. Manage local Engineering department in execution of engineering projects, including CAPEX planning and tracking. Assure that projects are delivered on time, within specification and budget. Perform gap analysis versus current practice and lead corrective actions, ensure that best practices are known and understood within project or study team and that identified company expertise is known and exploited.
4. Align Plant and business partners through development of new business contacts and partnerships, leading Customer Service function. Deal with plant Business unit clients to assure optimal delivery compliance versus demand and to negotiate timing on new product development and promotional activities. Contribute to achieve Customer Service Level (CSL) targets in the delivery of new products or promotions.
5. Lead active partnership with commercial units, Supply Chain, Procurement, R&D and manage communication process for new ventures, product promotions and other major business development projects.
6. Manage infrastructure to provide high-level service for Operations and Business Unit. Ensure budget is planned correctly and monitor spending and accruals. Manage investments in Infrastructure.
Reporting and KPIs
7. Manage in-time completion and submission of Operations reports and presentations. Lead in production consolidation initiatives and represent the plant in inter-country sourcing projects. Monitor and report all plant KPIs related to utilization rate, project execution (cost, quality, service level, time to market)
Engineering Project Development & Co-ordination
8. Provide management and co-ordination for all engineering and building projects at site/plant, proactively reviewing business and consumer needs and transforming business needs into resoluble propositions and plans. Ensure conversion product launch preparation and successful product launch via adequate co-ordination, contingencies and communication.
9. Supervise preparation of projects in details including AR write up and contingencies, ensure needed teamwork of all involved stakeholders (business, controlling, conversion, QA/SSE, category, etc.) Ensure project approval in time as needed by business purpose of the project. Provide co-ordination and technical expertise for evaluation of offers and submitting proposals for the most appropriate technical solutions, while ensuring they are cost-effective.
10. Provide potential supplier identification as well as correct bidding process and evaluation in line with KFI policies and supplier management strategies.. Ensure and lead co-operation with Procurement department in preparation of contracts, providing technical requirements and details in order to support contract negotiation and signature
Installation and Know How Transfer
11. Prepare installation of the new machinery and equipment so that target performance is achieved as planned, with conversion team (TPM, operators) and suppliers. Co-ordinate with HR needed training of operators, maintenance. Ensure that relevant company know-how is known by project team and adequately utilized.
12. Manage providing of all necessary reporting and follow up on the process of projects’ implementation. Guarantee full compliance with KFI policies and requirements and ensure required documentation management.
13. Participate in screening and evaluation of all identified improvement opportunities and ideas. Creatively group those ideas into technically feasible concepts. Share and communicate potential concepts to identify potential projects.
Knowledge & Technical /Work Based Skills: including education, qualifications and training
- University degree (Engineering is preferred) or equal experience.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing applications (SAP, MFG\Pro), AutoCAD, PC literacy in terms of MS Office.
- Good English Language and Communication Skills
- Conceptual knowledge of plant operations & Basic I2M process
- Knowledge of IIM principles Required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint
- Good analytical thinking, communication and negotiation skills, Project Management, team worker, Organization Agility
- Technical Requirements: Sound engineering background with effective all round technical analysis, logical, focused and result-oriented approach.
- The incumbent should be Masterful in: positively leading change from current paradigms with self-motivation, high energy, innovation, and enthusiasm and business acumen.
- The incumbent should be Capable to: Demonstrate ownership of role, ability to take and manage risk effectively and work in a team environment cohesively within cross-functional areas including Research and Development, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering, Operations and Packaging with an ability to achieve total manufacturing impact.
- 1-3 years of experience as Project Leader with FMCG companies
- English, local language and others is a benefit