With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
• Lead the forecasting of new items, ensuring that key assumptions are well documented, and that all key stakeholders of the process are involved in the consensus discussion.
• Bring best practices to the forecasting of new items across all categories / brands to drive consistently accurate results.
• Ensure that innovation forecasts and associated assumptions are maintained properly through all phases of the I2M process, ensuring that the appropriate level of rigor is applied at all stages of the product development.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to collect and validate forecast inputs
• Partner with Brand/Category Forecasting leads to ensure that innovation forecasts are properly integrated/aligned with Brand/Category forecasts, and that innovation assumptions are properly understood by the Brand/Category teams.
• Lead deep dive analyses on innovation performance issues as per Demand Review requirements
• Monitor in-market innovation performance vs. targets (Revenue and Consumption). Recommend corrective business action, and adjust forecasts as needed.
Job Responsibilities and % of time spent on that responsibility:
1. Cross-functional collaboration on inputs and planning assumptions (40%)
• Partner with Sales, Equity, Innovation, Commercialization, Demand Planning, and Finance to gather key planning inputs that drive the forecast (Trade, A&C, customer activity, distribution, etc.)
• Drive key IBP and I2M process steps to update and validate planning assumptions
2. Forecast development & management (30%)
• Translate planning inputs into a revenue & volume forecasts using best practice approaches
• Leverage different analytical techniques to assess the size of innovations as well as their cannibalization on existing portfolio.
• Prepare different forecast scenarios for innovation as needed.
3. Communicate and influence the business to close gaps between forecast and target (30%)
• Present the forecast and associated assumptions to business leadership and key stakeholders
• Remain an unbiased voice in the face of business pressures
• Resolve disagreements over planning assumptions and drive for consensus
• Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast, and steer the business towards gap closure
Internal and external contacts:
• Innovation & Equity (Project Originators): Regular collaboration on planning assumptions, risks & opportunities, and development of scenarios.
• Finance: Partner to ensure that the financials & business case for new innovation is accurate, unbiased, and properly reflects the sensitivity to different planning assumptions.
• Sales Planning / Revenue Management: Gathering of key sales inputs and sharing of category & forecast insights.
• Brand/Category Forecasting Team: Forecast collaboration, partnership in the Demand Review process, and alignment of bottom-up and top-down plans.
• Category Leadership Team: Regular engagement as required to gather planning inputs and share current assumptions, risks, and opportunities