We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Malaysia.
Reporting to the Demand Planning Lead, Malaysia/Thailand, the Category Demand Planner responsible for facilitating the creation and management of a forecast for the category / categories within the framework of the Internal Business Process cycle. The role works cross functionally (with Sales, Trade Marketing, Marketing) to gather information on actual performance and upcoming activities in order to inform this forecast and make it as robust as possible. The Category Demand Planner also works with cross functional teams (Order To Cash, Trade Marketing) on a daily basis to manage demand in the short term where we may experience a shortfall / surplus vs demand.
Some of the key accountabillities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
Integrated Business Management
- Lead and facilitate the relevant forums of the monthly demand cycle for your category / categories. Including One on Ones, Pre-DR meetings and Demand / Supply connects.
- Develop strong communication and partnering links with Sales, Trade Marketing, Marketing partners, Supply Planning and other parts of Supply Chain.
- Ensure that KPIs which are not met are root caused properly escalated to appropriate teams with recommendations for mitigation.
- Demand planning systems and tools, including master data are adequately maintained.
- Plant replenishment and inventory levels managed through the effective operation of the weekly drumbeat process.
- Appropriate measures for improving forecast error and bias and reducing forecast volatility are developed and implemented; Targets set by the business unit.
- Historical sales performance is analysed, assessing the impact of various sales and marketing plans such as new product introductions; price increases or decreases; product withdrawal or obsolescence, promotions and incentives with the demand plan modified accordingly.
- Documentation of the forecasting process, is maintained - including assumptions and clearly identifying how the forecast is prepared, reviewed and approved and who is involved.
- Internal and external benchmarking is conducted, identifying opportunities to introduce best practice initiatives and sharing our experiences with our Asia Pacific colleagues.
Manage Demand Communication
- Ensure the accurate input by the portfolio team and the timely delivery as required by stakeholders, the demand team and the regional demand and Internal Business Process teams. Facilitate conversations between commercial and supply teams in times of short supply / waste risk.
- Communicate forecasts to Supply teams through timely uploads to APO and share clear operations and risks to that forecast