Manufacturing Business Development Manager
Req #: 1714719
Job Category: Supply Chain Management
- Execute the site change in product portfolio of candy & gum such project of NPD, product change, process improvement, productivity opportunity, etc. in order to meet the overall business objectives in area of scope, cost and time through i2M (Idea To Market) process.
- Evaluate the project following the i2M process to identify the best practice and opportunity for improvement
- Lead the execution of the productivity savings project by driving cost improvement in the area of raw / packaging materials to strive for lowest cost.
- Manage the product cost by planning and controlling the cost of yield loss, direct labor cost, variable manufacturing cost and fixed manufacturing expense to ensure the cost is meet the target.
- Optimize plant scale and cost advantage by supporting growth of existing markets and by looking for other export customers. Benchmark plant capability and leverage the plants competitive advantage to provide the most competitive product cost with best service and quality.
- Identify areas of improvement for existing process routes and process parameters and benchmark best practices and new concepts, trends and methods and their applications to new and existing processes / procedures.
- Controls cost of activities by preparing the operating budget and tracking expenses to maintain approved plant cost structure and effectively utilize resources.
- Directs project management and engineering development/planning for Plant. Manages all capital expense projects related to product change and assess plant capacity versus market growth and lead plant expansion project
- Lead, implement and control change management for packaging / raw material, NPD, De-Complexity, Safety and Environmental Program, Production Process, Sanitation Programs, Logistic System Change, Process Software, Process Equipment
- Harmonize the manufacturing process and de-complexity of products portfolio in gun and candy. Process optimization Initiative with integrated external and internal resources to execution.
- Drive the IL6S master plan for the site – including the expected outcomes and milestones of the IL6S journey for each phase and drives timely reviews.
- Drive behavioural change across the site through OPM, including support functions, through coaching and influencing the team at the site.
- Builds IL6S mastery across the pillars and ensures the site are continuously challenged to succeed within each phase of the journey.
- Addresse the capability needs in MBD team in order to support to deliver the CBN and phase expectations across the pillars
- Ensure the team are hired, trained, and motivated by appropriate employee programs to maintain highly-committed productive workforce.
CODE of CONDUCT & INTEGRITY/CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of project financials by adhering to company’s accounting policies and guidelines.
- Establish contacts with key government regulatory agencies thru membership in organization and attendant conferences to develop goodwill. Explore/ optimise business opportunity.
- Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skill.
- Minimum of five (5) years managerial experience in manufacturing plant preferably in food processing.
- Knowledged and possess capability for IL6S Pillars management.
- Good working knowledge in Manufacturing KPI’s.
- Trained in project management, financial analysis, cost accounting, commercialization and change management
- Able to formulate strategies, and drive continuous improvement.
- Planning, priority setting, problem solving and monitoring skills.
- Strong understanding of stakeholder management.
- Fluent English, good PC knowledge (MS Office)