What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Global Packaging Design Manger and Chocolate Category Innovation Lead provides strategic direction for structural and technical design for the global packaging community linking through GPI platforms, global brand development and category specific packaging innovation.
Strategic direction is formed by immersion into consumer and shopper insights and translation of these insights into differentiated structural designs aligned seamlessly to creative graphic solutions which are brand, consumer, shopper, and customer relevant. In addition, the strategic direction encompasses functional solutions enabling the delivery of our 2020 vision for PPA, well-being and sustainability.
The role takes the lead on identifying packaging trends and drivers of purchase intent within all category, anticipating ever changing needs. The role then translates these trends/drivers of purchase intent to the manufacturing capability. Working with the category technical communities the role defines and protects consumer & shopper centric design guardrails partnering with global category brand design leads.
Lead definition of a packaging strategy for the global packaging function and chocolate category, leveraging consumer/category insights and trends to drive packaging development programs that enable the category SP.
Define packaging development programs necessary to deliver the business SP (ambition 2020 and beyond) and influence the 4-2-1 innovation funnel for chocolate and annual contract to drive packaging as lever for both topline and bottom line growth.
Single point of contact for packaging within the global Chocolate Innovation Team responsible for GPI program development and deployment to the regions, ensuring adoption of the packaging bundle for speedy, efficient and cost effective delivery in market.
Courageously and visibly lead the structural packaging design community as well as the chocolate technical design both as a function expert and a respected business partner. Growing and nurturing the global design network, both internally and externally.
Evaluation and embedding new design methodologies and design thinking across all MDLZ businesses.
Responsible for finished goods packaging menu card in collaboration with region leaders and ISC.
Being a key part of the global Chocolate Packaging leadership team adding support, guidance and insight into the broader management of the team.
Lead the CIQ, CTQ/CTP development for global brands and templates to replicate in regions.
Identifying and managing eternal resources such as: structural design agencies, rapid prototypine providers, VR and simulation technology etc.
Manage individual employee development and build a talent pipeline for the global Chocolate Innovation and Design community.
Create view of capability gaps in the packaging organization to meet the needs of the category over the SP and drive talent development through 70-20-10 model to close gaps.
Ensure robust IP strategy for the global packaging design developments as well as the global chocolate category packaging function.
Manage compliance to Mondelez relevant policies as well as government regulations with regards to design and safety of packaging structures.
- Extensive experience in Packaging Structural Design or relevant function with proven track record of people and project management successes working in an R&D function
- Experience in leading multi-functional and multi-cultural teams on a global scale
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources and work in a highly matrixed environment - especially with designers both creative and structural
- Experience in crafting strategy, planning, problem solving, project management whilst operating in a dynamic and outcome oriented environment
- Knowledge of Packaging formats and substrates through design.
- Ability to formulate sound R&D strategies and objectives
- Solid understanding of the packaging development process and procedures: technical feasibility, experimental design, consumer testing, etc.
- In depth knowledge of material functionality, food safety, stability, regulatory restrictions
- The ability to influence senior business partners through knowledge based reasoning as well as through experience and as a functional expert.
- Ability to translate technical strategy into business deliverables to influence cross- partners
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.