-Keep abreast of regulatory and policy changes
-Align category with major shifts
-Manage resources by risk management, constant anticipation and review
-ensure full R&D and Category team is compliant with relevant Mondelez International policies and procedures (QPE,HACCP,NPP etc.)
- Drive compliance of technical programs and procedures with government regulations and corporate standards for product, product safety and quality in order that product and process recommendations will deliver consumer safety and satisfaction.
Lead and grow R&D team
-Develop, coach team members
-Manage and sustain key expertise
-Coach direct reports and technical professionals
Organisation Excellence & Development
- Develop effective R&D team leveraging the tools and work practice (e.g. I2M,PAM etc.) to meet technical/business program goal.
- Utilise HR tools (MAP,IDP and advancement planning etc.) and measure the individuals and team with accountability and performance base
- Knowledge sharing – reach out to other local and global areas to share knowledge and best practice to improve R&D capability
Technology Strategic Analysis & PlanningQualifications
-Drive meaningful and robust Category relevant Innovation and technology plans/roadmaps by leveraging cross category and adjacent technologies policies/practice
(a) Education, qualifications and training
Minimum of BS, in food science or chemical engineering
(b) Experience or skills required
- 8 years’ experience in R&D and site management in FMCG
- Strategic Agility: Ability to understand commercial opportunities and translate them into technical requirements. Ability to understand technology platforms and translate them into commercial opportunities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good to great English proficiency
- Ability to work in teams and to lead teams
- Ability to leverage Regional, Global, internal and external technology resources
- Ability to work with regional geographic scope in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
(c) Specialised knowledge or skills required
- Strong understanding of category marketing principles
- Good understanding of business planning process including objectives setting and identification of business opportunities
- Ability to formulate sound R&D objectives and strategies that are well-linked to the business objectives
- Solid understanding of procedures required in a full product development sequence such as technical feasibility study, experimental design, consumer testing, quality and food safety systems and specifications setting, product safety tests and clearances, product costings, specification approvals, food regulations, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of raw material and product functionality, food safety, sanitation, processing, shelf-life, regulatory restrictions, etc.
Knowledge within food product and technology would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent technical projects and people management skills