Mondelez International is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Malaysia.
Reporting to the Internal Controls Lead - Asia Pacific (AP) Finance Audit, the Manager Internal Controls - South East Asia (SEA) is responsible in overseeing the company’s control environment and managing corporate risk to ensure assets and income streams are appropriately protected. This position is responsible to support execution of the plan developed by the global Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE), as it relates to the following:
- Control Self-Assessment (CSA)
- Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM)
- Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC)
This position is responsible in reviewing existing financial and internal business controls procedures, recommending control improvements. This role is also required to support fraud and special investigation reviews, including potential non-compliance/breaches from the lens of C1 to C21 Compliance Policies.The position is also required to train the Mondelez ‘Process owners’ and ‘Control owners’ on concepts related to risks, controls and specific Mondelez operating processes like Source to Pay (STP), Plan to Cash (PTC), Manufacturing to Inventory (MTI), etc. It is important for this position to establish effective business relationship within the company and other stakeholders, including external auditors and the global Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE) team, and assist management in the understanding of corporate control and risk and the adaptation of internal control principles and risk mitigation plans.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide advisory support to the Mondelez business owners in timely and adequate completion of the Control Self Assessment (CSA) rolled out by the global Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE).
- Perform Quality Assurance program on the Control Self Assessment (CSA) completed by Mondelez business owners in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE)
- Lead SOX reviews including updating control documentation in GRC database and providing oversight to the IC COE team for remote testing
- Provide support in timely review and resolution of Segregation of Duties (SOD) violation, recommend and agreed with respective manager in regard to mitigating control that may be required.
- Assist in timely resolution of the open Continuous Control Management (CCM) queries with the relevant control owners
- Participate in training the Mondelez business owners on concepts related to risks, controls and specific Mondelez processes
- Oversee the internal control environment which may include review of existing financial and internal business controls procedures, compliance policy and recommending internal control improvements as well as documenting and/or updating control database
- Actively participate in new policies, procedures and business process, and system implementation ensuring that proper controls are embedded
- Working under guidance & instructions from Special Investigation Group to perform the following:
- Conducts investigations legally, ethically, timely and cost-effectively
- Gathers facts through statements and interviews from employees, customers, vendors and other relevant witnesses/suspects.
- Obtains and analyses electronic, physical and documentary evidence to support investigations
- Analysis of large structured and unstructured data sets for intelligence, exceptions and trends to support investigations. Data could range from Excel, Access, ACL, to any electronically stored information etc.
- Practices diligence in evidence collection and handling to preserve evidence and chain-of-custody control for potential criminal proceedings.
- Presents accurate and concise written and oral interim status updates and written investigation reports for SIG, Business Intelligence, Management and relevant stakeholders
- Recommend & follow-up on control improvements to prevent future recurrence of financial loss & acts of non-compliance.
- Prepare status reports and present to the Assurance and Risk Committee, as applicable, (chaired by the Managing Director and represented by the relevant BOMs) on key findings from audit and fraud/special investigation reviews and tracking of management action plans on a periodic basis
- Advisory role on projects to ensure key risks and controls are addressed and adhered to and directing the Project team to reach commercially viable decisions that captures controls and ensures effectiveness and efficiencies.
Do you have what it takes?
- Qualified accounting professional (CA / CPA / MBA Finance or equivalent)
- Big4 experience and / or MNC experience in the role of internal controls / internal audit
- Preferably experience in FMCG
- At least 10 years work experience post qualification
- Must have experience in managing people in the previous role
- Good stakeholder management skills, good people management skills, and expertise in accounting, auditing
- Good knowledge of core business processes (purchases, sales, inventory, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SAP and user access management
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Control Self-Assessment (CSA), Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) – preferred
- Prior experience in providing training to varied audience
- Good communication and inter-personal skills