We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Malaysia.
Reporting to Cluster Lead, Logistic Operations, Malaysia, Customer Service & Logistics, the Logistics Operations Manager is responsible overall, the main purposes of the role are team leadership, direction, and responsibility for managing the finished goods physical flows from plants to customers, including all warehouse, transport and co packing operations, in terms of service, cost, productivity, health and safety, quality, food defense, sustainability, legal requirements and policies compliance.
Some of the key accountabillities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- The Logistics Operations Manager leads the Warehouse & Distribution Operation creating a team environment that fosters Company International values, where agreed objectives and goals are achieved and individuals are developed and encouraged to reach their full potential, ensuring the understanding and accomplishment of the legal and ethical compliance responsibilities of their jobs
- Develop, monitor and control the operational cost budgets, ensuring costs regular review where variances are investigated, corrected and reported, with a deep understanding of all supply chain drivers and overall financial acumen, having in place best in class controls and reporting functionalities.
- Develop and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the logistics network and deliver a consistent and high service level, adapting the supply chain to the demanding and changing customer environment
- Build relationship with Third Party Logistic (3PL) service providers to improve operations, change behaviors and way of working to gain productivity.
- Deliver continuous improvement and productivity according to agreed, cost reduction, revenue and quality improvement in a structured sustainable way.
- Support and contribute to the success of both the Supply Chain and Logistics operations leadership teams, contributing to the strategic development and growth of both functions. Lead the implementation of agreed Productivity savings projects and programs and lead Logistics initiatives, programs and projects.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the commercial plan by delivering strong support to the big bets of the company. Deliver a consistent customer service level, adapting the supply chain to the demanding and changing customer environment.
- Support implementation of Best Practices processes across the five warehouse sites with regards to Third Party Logistic (3PL) supplier as well as conduct Benchmark activities with the aim to maximize the Supply Chain efficiency. Ensure the sharing of best practices & lessons learned (internal / external)
- Support all network related projects in Warehouse & Distribution for all categories with the right structural data for substantiated tender activities.