Mondelez International is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Malaysia.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Sales Manager, Malaysia, the Assistant Sales Manager - Central is responsible to manage the overall Traditional Trade business in central region. Assistant Sales Manager’s main focus should be Distributor management & Capabilities improvement to deliver stores KPI and Revenue targets.
Some of the key accountabillities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
Achieve Revenue & KPI targets
- Set clear business target & KPIs and closely track achievements on Revenue (Sell-in & Sell-out), stores KPIs, while managing inventory level.
- Align & review action plan to ensure sustainable & profitable growth for Mondelez & distributor.
- Conduct Monthly Cascade Meeting to clearly communicate objectives & plans and align deployment for next month.
- Ensure delivery of aligned execution plans.
- Identify business opportunities in the trade to grow Mondelez business & make it more efficient.
Work closely with Sales Operation Manager (distributor) to ensure achievement of all KPIs on scorecard
- Work with Sales Operation Manager to build strong infrastructure of distributor including Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Systems and HR.
- Work with Sales Operation Manager to set clear targets & KPIs for the team.
- Coach the Sales Operation Manager in establish Mondelez way of Distributor Management across all functions.
Strengthen Distributor’s Operational capability
- Assess distributors capability on regular basis based on the scorecard.
- Develop detailed action plans to improve each operation capability.
- Build capability and transfer knowledge to the distributor sales team and organization across Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Systems and HR.
- Train & coach Distributor’s sales team.
Drive In-Store Best-in-class execution
- Train & coach Distributor’s team on best-in class in-store execution.
- Co-ordinate with Sales Operation Manager to resolve operation issues in order to provide best in class service to customers.
- Audit in store execution quality on regular basis to achieve more Perfect stores. 40% of working time should be in-field.
Do you have what it takes?
- Degree holders in any field.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the FMCG industry with proven track record. Preferably with distributor management/ traditional trade experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent team player and the ability to influence others towards achieving greater performance.
- Result oriented and proactive behavior with minimum supervision.
- Able to motivate others and building effective team.