With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Global Sourcing Director for Media drives development of best Procurement practices, including sourcing strategy definition, deployment and stakeholder management to maximize total value contribution for the media spend, greater than $1billion including digital. He/she drives Procurement value contribution to Mondelēz International while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes. He/she manages the media sourcing team of 12 - global and regional - working closely with the Media Marketing Services team which is also global and regional.
Together with Marketing, they will own and manage the global supplier base and support the business priority to maximize growth through e-commerce channels and suppliers.
The role is based in East Hanover, NJ where the North American Leadership Team sits – Category Presidents and Regional Head of Marketing.Job Responsibilities1. Manage global strategy development, deployment and strategic planning for assigned global sub-Spend Area (25%)
• Lead the development of the 4/2/1 strategic plan for the sub-Spend Area.
• Lead the development of strategies (including sub-Spend Area strategy, supplier management strategy, and S2P strategy) to drive regional and global business expectations.
• Manage alignment and deployment of global strategies and financial plans.
• Lead global supplier negotiation strategy and process and relationships where valid.
• Support strategy execution across all regions (including project prioritization, securing resources, governance and controls).
2. Lead the team of Sourcing Managers for the assigned global Spend Area (25%)
• Lead the global and regional Sourcing Directors or Managers in different strategic planning and sourcing activities.
• Practice Mondelēz International Leadership Imperatives and Values to drive performance, talent management and self-management initiatives, in alignment with the Regional Head of Procurement. This ensures effective talent and performance management by setting objectives, providing coaching and feedback and defining individual development needs.
• Facilitate build-up of best in class Procurement and industry mastery within the team. Develop and retain advantaged insights/know-how and practices.
• Manage the cost center of the team in alignment with the global Spend Area lead.
3. Manage stakeholder engagement, collaboration of teams, and supplier relationships (30%)
• Identify and manage connectivity of Spend Area teams with functional stakeholders, suppliers and internal Procurement teams (e.g. CPRM, Capability, Category and Regional Procurement Centers (RPC's)).
• Manage stakeholder engagement and alignment throughout the end-to-end sourcing process.
• Lead global supplier relationship management (SRM) program for the assigned Spend Area.
• Manage commercial supplier relationships and contracts for global Spend Areas (where global Director Sourcing is assigned as the owner of the supplier relationship).
4. Share best practices for all global Spend Areas (5%)
• Lift and shift best practices from one region to other regions.
• Ensure standardization of processes and tools in coordination with other Spend Area leads.
• Drive harmonized global approach towards end-to-end sourcing practices (strategy to compliance).
5. Coordinate delivery of assigned global and regional KPI’s for Marketing & Sales procurement (10%)
• Member of leadership team of Marketing & Sales Global procurement.
• Member of global media leadership team (under Global media lead).
6. Lead overall non-media related/business project as required relevant to seniority of role (5%)
• Active guidance and contribution to broader procurement or business X-functional teams
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements
a) Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
• Appropriate University Bachelor’s Degree - Required
• MBA, Procurement Professional Qualification - Preferred
b) Skills/Leadership Competencies
• Strategic Sourcing and Negotiation - Required
• Project Management and Communication - Required
• Relationship Management - Required
• People and Change Management - Required
• Minimum 5-years of experience in pure-play Strategic Procurement (regional/global) and 5 years of experience in Media is required
• Extensive knowledge of Media Spend Area – Required
• Fluent spoken / written English - Required
• The job-holder will be required to manage a global spend area; global & regional stakeholders and a global/regional spend area team.
• A “can do” mentality is critical, with the ability to anticipate potential issues while challenging themselves, team and stakeholders to do what is right for the business. Navigation through high levels of uncertainty and ambiguity will therefore be required.
• The marketing landscape is fragmenting and going digital at a rapid but highly varied rate across the globe. Being able to manage aspects of flexibility for innovation simultaneously with simplification for effectiveness and efficiency will be critical.
• Prioritization to deliver projects under tight time deadlines and financial constraints is important.
• Ability to appreciate different legal, tax and labor relations by country to enable global yet locally practical supplier solutions.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.