With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Category Sales Planner is the sales planning and strategy expert for an assigned set of brands/business segments, and represents the sales function in the development of all commercial planning relating to these assigned businesses. The Category Sales Planner is responsible for the co-development with Marketing of an effective sales/trade strategy, commercial plan/selling stories and execution plans.
• Managing Relationships with Field Customer teams and Cross-Functional Teams for assigned portfolio: Delivers against commitments by responding quickly and effectively to requests and issues. Effectively communicates with business partners.
• Strategic Planning: Partner cross-functionally (internal and external) to create a commercial annual plan for designated business. Lead business analysis process in partnership with brand and Shopper Insights using consumer/shopper/and point of sale data on designated brands/segments, in order to deliver key insights and compelling selling stores to support annual plans.
• Financial Acumen: Makes financially sound proposals in collaboration with marketing and field customer teams in support of achieving the annual plan leveraging analysis and insights.
• Activation Management: Identifies trends and drivers in category and use them to recommend and communicate appropriate programs, capitalizing on opportunities within business to maximize results.
• Insights: Understanding and application of shopper data and insights as a means of making business decisions.
• Syndicated Data: Proven ability to analyze and leverage Syndicated data (Nielsen or equivalent), Customer POS Data, SPARK Shipment History, and Shopper Data (including panel) to find business opportunities.
• Other Applications: Proficient in MS Office, especially Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Word.
Internal and External Contacts
• Will interface with field sales, marketing, shopper marketing, shopper insights, consumer insights, finance, supply chain and other related functions.