With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Provide Consumer Science related support to Mondelēz global legal entities, per service agreements. This includes the global biscuit category as well as the categories within the Global and NA Business Unit but may also include support to other regions as organization priorities dictate.
The role contributes to the planning and implementation of assigned research programs/projects that lead to actionable business results.
The role requires the jobholder to work under a high degree of autonomy to plan and conduct independent projects as a fully engaged cross-functional partner interacting with senior leaders as required to align and deliver on research objectives. The jobholder develops project objectives and strategies independently in response to business needs, and integrates input from other functional areas to drive towards solutions. The jobholder is able to solve complex problems and get things done through both formal and informal channels. The jobholder significantly impacts the directions/quality of work done by other technical people and delivers expert technical knowledge representing the function. The jobholder interacts regularly with key stakeholders and may direct activities of junior professionals and/or temporary staff while completing assignments. The jobholder interacts with CS/MDLZ senior leaders and professionals outside the company at professional meetings.
• Lead and conduct single or multi stage large programs/projects, delivering to the required standards and agreed timescales, including designing research to meet objectives, to produce good quality, actionable data, interpreting results, reporting/presenting findings, making recommendations and contributing to decision making.
• Lead category appraisal and DOE studies including the statistical principles applied as part of the overall research plan.
• Understands and applies multivariate statistical methods to gain deeper understanding and insights from research conducted when appropriate.
• Lead all aspects of consumer research both qualitative and quantitative including the integration/linking of descriptive and consumer data into a cohesive story.
• Lead the execution of CAD (Consumer Aided Design) work including leading the design of the research program and all executional elements including Knowledge Mapping, Value Diagramming, Product Labs and subsequent analysis and reporting of results.
• Effectively partner with stakeholders (R&D and Commercial / Insights) ensuring that the work is in line with the strategic priorities of the business.
• Assumes leadership role on cross-functional teams and interfaces with all levels of the organization.
• Work with the Consumer Science management team to prioritize workload.
• Seeks improvement on existing methods in line with good scientific principles.
• To provide support to the Consumer Science management team by role modelling leadership behaviors and deputizing for line manager as required.
• Look for opportunities to provide informal coaching and to share experience with more junior colleagues.
• Proactively seeking ways to improve all aspects of the department, including functional methodologies, practical solutions and facilities and presenting these ideas in an appropriate way to the Consumer Science management team.
• Contribute to CS Team goals by participating on teams where new methodologies and capability are evaluated, proposed and implemented.
• Ensure an efficient and safe running of the sensory laboratory, including maintenance of the quality system, ensuring that procedures are followed properly and highest standards of work and environment, health and safety are maintained.
• Ensure two-way communication between yourself and other team members.