SARA and Scientific Affairs Lead Turkey
Req #: 1800779
Job Category: Research Development Quality
The holder of this position ensures that products comply with national and international regulatory and internal company policies requirements and standards, including but not limited to product labelling.
- Knows and understands Turkish national and some international regulations related to food products compliance: focus on gum and candy, chocolate, biscuits category.
- Plans and executes actions related to products compliance involving external and internal stakeholders as per Mondelez International business process.
- Represents the company at external meetings. Liaising, networking and influencing National Government experts, Trade Associations, academic and other professional organizations.
- Conducts relevant legal compliance checks. Prepares and/ or reviews complete technical specifications and appropriate internal and external documentation related to Mondelez products portfolio compliance, including imported products.
- Cooperates with Scientific Affairs and Nutrition Communication teams on claims wording and substantiation; focus on Strategy 2020, Nutrition and Health claims.
- Prepares all required official documentations for registration and commercialisation as appropriate, including Halal certification where required.
- Cooperates with Corporate and Governmental Affairs, providing technical and scientific information on request.
- Suggests, discusses with stakeholders and implements corrective measures when potential or actual non-compliance of a product is identified.
- Provides regulatory and technical inputs into risk assessment process; make recommendations on alternative solution to protect company and brands; prevent liabilities.
- Trains others in core compliance related practices.
- For routine actions acts by himself; involves manager in line in special circumstances only.
- Provides consistent science-based support for Mondelez initiatives related to new products.
- Anticipates and scans the horizon for emerging scientific and regulatory opportunities and issues, providing foresights, solutions and thought leadership to Mondelez.
- Plans, agrees with internal stakeholders and conducts efficient actions with external regulatory agencies and industrial groups.
- Recommends improvements within R&D department.
- Post high school technical or vocational training up to and including degree level or BS/MS/PhD in food science, nutrition, legal, administration.
- Sound knowledge of local laws and guidelines including, but not limited to: label declarations (text and graphics), claims (on-pack and off-pack), nutrition information, allergen and other safety-related warnings.
- Experiences of practical application of food science / law in food products development and commercialization.
- Understanding of specificities related to food products logistics, technology, nutrition and social communication.
- Understanding of commercialization steps, including legal requirements / limitations in consumer research / tests, product registration, communication with consumers incl. advertisement restrictions.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding I2M and WOW 2.0 Business Processes.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority setting.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Strong project management skills (including project plans, updates, flagging detailers on time, etc.)
- Interpersonal savvy – able to adapt personal style to work in international environment.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to ‘Learn on the Fly’.
- Fluent in Turkish, English.
- Preferred is fluency in European Union MSs, Russian languages.