Mondelez International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favorite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
Reporting to the Director Global Sourcing Cocoa Chocolate & Nuts, the Manager Cocoa Operations India will support in building the sourcing strategies on sustainable cocoa in India managing a team of ~60 FTEs with the following overall purpose to,
(1) Drive sustainable cocoa programme in India addressing Cocoa-Life objectives including community welfare and building corporate reputation for Mondelez. (2) Turning India as a strategic origin for cocoa for Mondelez, leveraging multiple external agencies (government, research agencies, universities), (3) Creating competitive advantge for MDLZ business.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
Support Cocoa Life Programme in India: Implement programmes to address 5 focus areas & 10 KPIs of Cocoa Life:
- FARMING: Production and sale of hybrid cocoa seedlings that will increase cocoa production in the country while improving farmer incomes leveraging the coordinated cocoa research
- COMMUNITY: Women empowerment through sustained training and social development through education on health & education
- LIVELIHOOD: Create jobs in rural areas, support tribal communities through cocoa cultivation, insulate farmers from external shocks through judicial buying decisions
- YOUTH: Address child labour issues demonstrating organisation commitment & employment opportunities for youth in cocoa sector through appropriate awareness creation and training
- ENVIRONMENT: Sustainable use of natural resources on the farms through training and contribute towards conservation of forests and maintenance of ecosystem through appropriate farming practices
Revise and execute global sourcing strategy :
- Supports the cross-functional sourcing team in all stages for a set of key strategic sourcing projects
- Involves the business for actions related to supplier base optimization, KPI implementation & follow up, etc
- Is part of the Procurement/ISC team evaluating make vs buy decisions
- As part of team manages and optimizes, supplier performance and contracts for strategic global spend areas
- Leads key strategic supplier development activities; by leading cross-functional review meetings with key strategic suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost.
- Knows the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees can speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program
- Compliant behaviour by employees, business partners and other
Do you have what it takes?
- 12 years experience in procurement, or cocoa, or plantations; i.e. Manager role in plantations, about 8 years of working in plantation.
- Corporate experience of about 5 years in Operations or General Management or Procurement or Manufacture.
- Working knowledge in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu (spoken level) should help.