Overview of the Role:
The HR Associate is the first point of contact, working directly with employees to advise on and complete Employment Lifecycle HR Administration, including Hourly Recruitment & On-boarding, HRIS, Benefits Administration, Time & Attendance systems, and keeping the location current with local and Federal regulations. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Associate will handle the day-to-day responsibilities of the HR function.
- Responsible for non-exempt recruiting process, including posting job requisitions, scheduling and conducting interviews, sourcing manager feedback and selection, tracking requisitions, making offers, and coordinating the employment screening process.
- Coordinates and Conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Keeps records of benefit plan participation, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Responds to basic inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Serve as the primary HR liaison for our bilingual (Spanish) population in day-to-day inquiries.
- Provides Benefits information to new hires, answering basic inquiries and coordinating facility communication during Open Enrollment.
- Provides administrative support for leave of absence administration and tracking.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, ensuring termination checklist is completed.
- Manages the HRIS system and processes payroll with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains employee files and ensures all documents are uploaded/filed.
- Track performance reviews of hourly employees to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in community outreach activities.
- Assists with Exit Interviews for hourly employees to ensure accurate information and action on employee sentiment and workplace culture.
- Bilingual Spanish
- 2-5 years demonstrated human resources experience
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive subjects and information
- Speaks clearly and appropriately in positive or negative situations
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promotes a positive work culture
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Inspires the trust of others