What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with strong brands like Cadbury, Milka, Cadbury Cream Egg, Cote D’Or, Toblerone, Freia, Marabou and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Our manufacturing site in Chirk is the home of the chocolate bean. The Ghanaian sustainable sourced cocoa beans are delivered to Chirk, emptied out on to a conveyor belt and thoroughly cleaned and processed together with added British milk.
As a member of the Plant leadership team you will, meet safety standards, operational efficiencies in the manufacture of the full product portfolio to the required standard of quality, environmental, volume and cost. Leading the continuing development of the Engineering agenda, providing technical and personal leadership across the whole of the site. With responsibility for the overall site maintenance strategy and asset effectiveness, through the inspiring and engaging leadership of a maintenance team with an ambition for a world class maintenance program. The role requires setting maintenance strategy to improve reliability metrics and develop people capability. A significant Budget responsibility and a Capital deployment plan will underpin execution of the tasks.
Development of the Asset Maintenance strategy, across the site to deliver improved reliability of all operational assets
• Develop a Best Practice Maintenance Framework which delivers improvement in 3 Over-arching Metrics (People, Processes and Plant)
• Create a Reliability Cantered Maintenance (RCM) culture through establishment of Planned Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance and Pro-Active Maintenance techniques
• Monitoring and review of PM information, to drive continuous improvement of Global Efficiency
• Develop CAPEX strategies and Revenue strategies for essential replacement to best utilize financial resources in collaboration with the Capex Manager
Capability Building of all Technicians and Managers within Engineering positions
• Foster a culture of great teamwork across all boundaries
• Design matrix of Skills including Task based and Behavioural based which delivers Site Business Needs
• Provide Coaching and support to teams, to build capability towards an Autonomous Maintenance culture
• Ensure a balance of in-house and contract work strategies to support volume flexibility
• Plan, organize and execute Maintenance activities within defined Budget limits
• Identify and support Productivity initiatives to achieve savings, by working with Procurement, Operations and Suppliers
• Coach and inspire Budget holders to create ideas and practices to deliver ‘more for less’
Change Management leadership across the engineering organization
• Work in co-creation with technicians and senior leadership to advance Ways of Working, in pursuit of the Site Business Needs
• Develop Multi-skilling and Flexible working agendas
• Support the Organisational Design team, in developing operator skilling in technical tasks
• Foster a culture of challenge and readiness for change
Continuous Improvement of Maintenance activities and Project Execution
• Develop new strategies to drive Continuous Improvement against Key Operational metrics
• Inspire and engage operators, technicians and managers in TPM techniques and Lean manufacturing processes
• Utilise Six Sigma methodology to drive RCA and uptime improvement
• Development of Visual Systems to engage teams and communicate progress of PM pillar work
• Coordinate and direct projects, analyse technology, resource requirement, and business demand, to plan and deliver complex projects, on-time and within budget.
• Work as part of the site leadership team to develop the site’s forward investment strategy.
Ensure Compliance in QHSE practices
• Ensure compliance to QHSE policies and standards
• Utilise H&S strategies to improve Risk reduction measures across maintenance and equipment practices
• Improve Quality Procedure compliance and practices to meet HACCP requirements
Resource Planning and Utilisation
• Create PM and Reactive monitoring processes
• Coach and manage compliance to Proactive/Reactive work schedules
• Drive continuous improvement and the spreading of Best Practice, to deliver time and quality improvements in maintenance execution
• Define key engineering response KPIs
• Measure and monitor asset equipment availability, creating appropriate strategies to improve YoY
• Create a customer driven culture for technicians to deliver against Best Practice maintenance metrics
• Manage critical spares, inventory control and inbound/outbounds, to deliver uptime improvement
• Liaise and work with plant director, to ensure legal compliance and cost reduction
• Co-ordinate financial phasing to deliver procurement advantages
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
Skills & Leadership Competencies
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.