With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
• 8+ years of experience in consumer research in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), preferably both at the agency and manufacturer side
• Strong knowledge of business practices, marketing principles, and retail environment/practices.
• Experience across a broad range of market research techniques and analytical techniques such as:
- consumer based market structures (consumer need state landscape),
- consumer segmentations, copy testing,
- brand health,
- product and concept testing,
- packaging evaluation
- volumetric forecasting
- pricing architectures,
- market mix modeling,
- data mining with Nielsen syndicated tools (Market rack, Home scan Panel)
• Extraction and synthesis of data and information into actionable insights.
• Equally comfortable contributing and influencing in group or individual assignments.
• Client-side work in CPG preferred.
• Supplier-side research experience a plus.
• Experience leading the strategic learning plan and priorities for a brand or product category and managing a research budget accordingly.
• Experience in recruiting, retaining, managing and developing consumer insights professionals (direct reports and/or peers).
• Demonstrated ability to build advocacy for consumer insights in an organization.
• Deep analytics/ modelling is a plus
• Strong project management skills; Strong communication and presentation skills
• Open minded, flexible, autonomous, and capable of leading cross-functional discussions
- Consumer Need States/ Segmentation (Minimum 8 years)
- Custom Insights (Minimum 8 years)
- Nielsen/ IRI Analytics (Minimum 8 years)
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (Minimum 8 years)
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE (4 YR)
COMPETENCIES/ABILITIES: These are key observable/measurable skills, knowledge and behaviors required that contribute to successful performance in the position. (e.g., drive for results, customer focus, etc.).
• Influences all levels of Category Business Team, all cross functions and creative agency. Creates partnership relationship with all cross functional team and works cohesively for sustainable business results. Manages research activities and diagnose business issues and opportunities with Marketing, Sales, Finance, R&D, Scale Promotions, Advertising agencies, Media personnel.
• Manages activities of research and analytical suppliers (Qualitative and Quantitative). Sets high standards, provides on-going feedback. Appropriately questions and challenges suppliers to ensure best thinking and continuous improvement. Manages and executes the consumer/customer research to determine which opportunities have the most potential for the business. Uses consumer and marketplace understanding to strengthen ideas. Manages the segment’s process for gauging in-market potential for new products and initiatives.
• Identifies unmet consumer needs and participates in cross-functional teams to develop product solutions to address those needs. Contributes to insight driven innovation sessions to stimulate internal idea generation. Manages the process for concept writing (ensures the concept statement meets criteria), screening, testing, and refinement.