What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The role of Paralegal, IP Operations will be responsibile for providing a broad range of trademark and patent support services across the global MDLZ IP Operations team. In addition, this position will provide support to the Chief Counsel Patents, IP Council & Ops, Chief Counsel Trademarks and the Global IP Team in the delivery of the new Global IP Operations Strategy by the participation in cross-functional project teams within the IP department.
• Supporting the Chief Counsel Patents, IP Council & Ops and the IP Ops team in the provision of holistic IP support services
• Responsibility for discrete projects, in particular updating records, uploading documents to WebTMS and building document libraries
• Responsibility for docketing for trademarks and patents in the relevant IP databases
• Providing support for WebTMS Module clean up and maintenance
• Responsibility for data reporting and analysis, including M&A transactional support
• Supporting trademark and patent renewal processes, including managing all aspects of formal documentation, liaising with Regional Trademark Coordinators, collating renewal instructions and evidence of use
• Managing entity name change recordal projects globally for trademarks and patents
• Managing IP formal documentation, including departmental/Brandstock Powers of Attorney and inventor assignments
• Assisting with agent consolidation initiative, including managing SLA agreements for preferred agents, benchmarking for renewal and agent relationship management
• Assisting with semi-annual agent calls, including organizing and and running meetings
• Drawing and delivering monthly metrics for global IP team
• Providing support to the Chief Trademark Counsel and the Global Trademark Team in the provision of trademark advisory services as and when required, to include:
• Instruction and management of identical and full trademark searches for regional and cross-regional innovation projects, analysis and collation of results for reporting to Mdlz BU stakeholders
• Instruction and management of trademark filing and prosecution, including where relevant use of International and other TM filings protocols to drive efficiencies
• Instruction and management of trademark oppositions, including liasing with Mdlz BU stakeholders on opposition strategy and process and management of external agents
• Participation in cross-function project groups within the Global Intellectual Property Team to support the delivery of the Global IP Strategy and the Goals of the Global IP Team
• College degree preferred.
• Prior experience as a specialist paralegal or legal administrator either in-house or a major law firm with expertise in international trademark practice and docketing.
• Excellent team player with exemplary interpersonal skills.
• Superior analytical, oral and written communication skills.
• Exemplary planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work confidently within a matrix organization and to work well under pressure.
• Efficient, confident, pro-active, attentive to detail, reliable, service-oriented, self-starting, with impeccable integrity and willingness to learn.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.