Mondelez International is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Japan.
Reporting to the Director Category Finance AMEA Biscuit, AMEA Finance Biscuits, the Manager Japan Biscuits for managing the complete P&L for the Biscuits category.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide financial analysis and decision support to the Category Marketing Manager and counsel them on the financial matters that could have short or long term impact as well as guide them on strategic decisions.
- Performance Measures: Delivering on AC Net Revenue and Net Contribution targets.
- Direct the financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes for the defined category and geography including the Annual Plan, Monthly updates, and reporting on actual results.
- Monthly internal business reviews within BU and with Regional Category Team. Close co-operation with category FP&A team
- Prepare in depth and insightful analysis of business results, including the identification of opportunities and risks together with recommendation for actions to address, submit commentaries and analytics to FP&A Region or FP&A Region Category.
- Monthly internal business reviews within BU and with Regional Category Team. Close co-operation with category FP&A team.
- Review major marketing proposals (eg: New product development proposals, A&C spending, price increases etc) and challenge assumptions and projected financial and business results to ensure the most effective use of resources within the region.
- Quality and degree of acceptance of Idea to Market (I2M) projects from the market. Delivery of category AC Net Revenue and Net Contribution.
- Review and approve A&C expenditure for the category and the BU, and ensure that the Category Finance Team establishes appropriate spending and budgetary controls in all geographies. Review trade spending that falls outside pre-approved limits and maintain strong linkages to the area/BU sales controllers.
- A&C actual spending in line with forecast by brand. Any variations in A&C or trade spend flagged to Regional Category Finance team prior to occurring. Strong controls environment evidenced by outcome of self-assessments and internal audits.
- Together with the marketing director counterparts, facilitate an open and timely communication of financial results and brand/category challenges and issues to the are/BU management.
- Quality of Monthly Performance Reviews, plan reviews, regular financial communication, ad-hoc communication as needed.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree/MBA in either Finance or Accounting or Economics or Business Administration.
- Having completed his/her CPA/CFA/ACCA would be an additional advantage in this role.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese