What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
We have a great new role as Facilities and Stores Manager who will be responsible for leading the facilities and stores function and team in Reading.
As Facilities and Stores Manager you will have responsibility for:
Strategically manage the development and maintenance RSC's property and facilities in-line with RSSL’s short and long-term requirements:
- Ensure that the goods receipting procedure (receipt, storage and issue) is followed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop system to ensure booking in of samples and goods meet best practice and in line with quality regulations.
- Work cross-functionally to regularly review the effectiveness of the stores in the business to minimise working capital in the business.
- Manage couriers for returns and general business requirements.
- Develop alternatives and plans to upgrade, maintain and grow RSC’s multi-site facilities with the minimal disruption to the business.
- Ensure facilities infrastructure maintenance is managed proactively through 3rd party and in-house team in a cost efficient and legal compliant manner.
- Work with external project managers on refurbishment projects, liaising with departments impacted to minimise disruption to the business.
- Ensure that repairs and refurbishment projects are implemented cost-effectively and to agreed timescales.
- Manage waste in a legal and environmental way for the site and drive environmental initiatives to reduce gases, water and electricity.
- Manage effective 3rd party services for lab coats, cleaning and other generic supporting contracts to run effective laboratory and administration sites.
Comply with the requirements of RSSL and Mondelez Quality and Safety & Environment as they relate to the Facilities and stores department. Including but not limited to Permits to Work, managing of contractors and appropriate Risk Assessments.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications, and training
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent, preferably with a degree.
- Experienced in facilities management of complex operations and mult-sites.
- Experienced in handling stores and the volumes of hundereds of transactions at peak times.
- Intermediate level for MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proven track record of strong project management skills and successful project implementation
- Proven record of strong people management skills including ability to successfully build the required skills in a team, develop individuals and implement team working
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to adapt personal style to colleagues preferences and translate the departmental impacts to all levels of the business.
- Process Management – ensure reactive and proactive maintenamce occurs in a professional, legal and timely manner and that the stores and facility team are recognised for delivering a great service
- Informing– keeps stakeholders and key partners updated
- Peer Relationships - Collaborative style with ability to build partnerships both internally and externally, quickly finding common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
- Previous experience in a senior facilities management or project management role.
- Experience in managing a store and good inwards team ideally within a scientific or regulated environment.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107