With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Engineering is where your brilliant ideas can become a delicious reality. You’ll develop the highly technical processes and competitive-advantaged assets behind every product we make, whether it’s an imaginative chocolate bar triangle like Toblerone, an irresistible breakfast snack like belVita or some wonderful new treat we haven’t even thought of yet.
Purpose of Role
This job is accountable for developing the site master plan (facility and asset long-range plans), ensuring engineering leadership for existing lines driving the technical agenda towards 85% Global Line Efficiency and 100% Vertical Start-up as well as leading the development and execution of new initiatives in line with the site master plan.
• The role supports and co-leads global and regional engineering platforms working towards standardized line designs as well as promoting and driving ‘Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S)’ cultural change throughout the organization through functional capability building and driving/applying IL6S work processes.
• As such the role leads and champions the development of required skills within plant Engineering team through technical and project managerial capabilities upgrade and coaching to ensure initiatives are managed at a high level of efficiency, quality and employee safety.
• As part of the IL6S implementation the role owns and leads the ‘Innovation Initiative Pillar (IIM)’ which is one of eleven pillars of IL6S being responsible for Vertical Start Up management and Technical Readiness in all initiatives.Targets / Dimensions
$10 - $50 million USD
1 Plant (strategic)
up to 10
up to 30
up to 40
Ensure compliance with project workflow requirements outlined (DR1 – DR7)
Support/develop FI (Focused Improvement), AM (Autonomous Maintenance) and PM (Preventative Maintenance) initiatives.
Support Operations, Business Development and Research Development and Quality teams through project Qualification and Verification phases."Job responsibilities (Main)
1. "Strategic Planning and leadership for the site
• Develop and execute a site master plan that will enable growth, innovation and efficiency and promote the roll out of a high performance work environment.
o Develop a capital roadmap that is informed by the manufacturing strategy and the commercial roadmap
o Implement best in class technology and capability (benchmarking conversion costs and technology platforms)
o Assess internal manufacturing capability supporting optimum sourcing decisions for innovation and capacity in cooperation with Business Development partners
2. "Creation of flexibility and capability with focus on zero losses and 100% engagement
o Initiate step change productivity planning leveraging technology and asset through translation of loss analysis into initiatives filling the funnel for the plants profit sustaining and enhancing project portfolio. As such prioritizing budget for maximum return of investment.
o Development and roll out of standards in cooperation with the regional/global engineering organization. As such drive competitive advantaged cost structures.
o Development and roll out of break through ideas in close cooperation with cross-functional partners on site and regional level including Research Development & Quality, Procurement and related functions to support strategies
3. "Responsible for all site capital investment initiatives and as such for achieving the plants Compelling Business Need (CBN) including safety, service, cash flow, productivity and growth targets.
o Lead cross functional project development and coordination
o Lead multi – functional teams and task forces of technical functions to drive world class efficiency and safety
o Lead projects towards Vertical Start Up (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality when it comes to safety, quality and efficiency as well as 100% engagement)
o Coordination of manufacturing, engineering and supply chain resources to ensure successful execution of all deliverables of project management (safety, cash flow, etc.)
o OEM relationship management on project and initiative basis
4. Build strong project management capability within the plant engineering team through adequate training plans, coaching and mentoring. Ensure strong linkage to regional and global capability building teams leveraging available programs to drive team development.
5. "Deliver equipment designs according to IL6S requirements (AM step3, PM step 4)
o Use Integrated Lean 6 Sigma tools and practices and ensure Early Management process steps are in place.
o Coordinate and facilitate change management processes within the global engineering community to drive standards linking with technology platforms. Maintain the Maintenance Prevention Database."
6. "Build capability on site level required to ensure Vertical Start up:
o Own the implementation of the site IIM Pillar through building pillar capability and governance as a first and project team capabilities as a second step.
o Ensure and manage the competence and skills development for asset hand-over and care (part of Technology transfer and training of new initiatives)"
7. "New Product Launch and Modification
o Lead technical assessments, capability studies and capital execution for new product launches and modification in cooperation with key partners namely Business Development, Research and Development, Procurement
o Lead breakthrough thinking bringing new ideas and possibilities. Lead or co-lead new equipment and/or process development
o Support harmonization of manufacturing processes and de-complexity of product portfolio working with Business Development partners
8. "Customer / Consumer focus & service
o Develop the technical agenda from business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions
o Develop technical proposals to enhance line capability with target to ensure optimal utilization of plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans
o Internal customer focus driving the Maintenance Prevention (MP) process for ongoing improvement of standards and 100% engagement"
9. "People Leadership
o Leads teams and ensure individual people development and guidance
o Ensures adequate training for pillar and team members
o Communicates plans and information to staff and follow through on all commitments
o Accountable for teams performance management, discipline and development" Qualifications
• University Degree or equivalent further education qualification in relevant discipline.
• 10+ years of Project Management experience is required
• Proven project management skills required
• Fluency with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, AutoCAD, project management software and ERP systems (e.g. SAP).
• 30% travel requirement
• Qualified in IL6S with focus on IIM is required
• Flexibility in working location within the Region
• Drive for results
• Customer focus
• Organizational agility
• Developing direct reports and others
• Building Effective Teams
• Capital Planning
• Design for Six Sigma
• Global Project Management
• Capital Effectiveness
• KPIs for Engineering
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.