With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Space Management Specialist – the role:
The Space Management Specialist (SMS) manages all activities and functions relating to optimizing assortment and shelf management with our retail customers. The SMS is the expert on space management technology and applications and is expected to meet or exceed the established shelving principles and standards. The SMS is the customer’s preferred expert in space and aisle management and contributes to category volume growth. They champion the JDA application as well as assist with basic category management needs internally and externally.
1. Develop and champion planograms that integrate Mondelez category management principles and strategies to drive mutual customer and Mondelez growth.
2. Conduct in-depth analysis of shelf productivity and effectiveness, including assortment, space allocation/position on shelf, inventory management, and return on investment.
3. Present proposals to the customer for negotiations and approval. In doing so, the SMS must take an unbiased, total-category view to support the improvement.
4. Support the Customer Business Teams in the development of persuasive presentations that are based on the customers’ perspective, visually appealing, and motivate the customer to support the recommendations.
5. Assist Customer Insights team by building business recommendations using basic category management tools (e.g. Nielsen; customer-specific POS/Loyalty data)
6. With the assistance of the Customer Insights leadership team, the SMS will establish the space management priority categories for improvement and/or opportunity.
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree
• Working knowledge of JDA Space Management software, Nielsen MarketTrack, and customer-specific POS/Loyalty data (e.g. Precima, Dunnhumby, IRI, SPSCommerce). Advanced technical skills within JDA and MS Excel will be considered a plus.
• Consumer Packaged Goods knowledge with experience in Sales, Customer Insights, and/or Shopper Insights. Must demonstrate a strong understanding of the customer and retail sales process
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities including the ability to quickly identify and communicate sales implications of consumer, shopper, and marketplace information.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Technically proficient with computer software tools including strong knowledge of basic analysis and presentation software (e.g. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word)
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.